Company: Metropolitan Market
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Job Summary: As a key member of our Market Deli & Specialty
Cheese Department (MD&SCD), this position is responsible for
sales generation, exceptional product knowledge, food safety,
quality control, and merchandising of specialty cheese products.
This position is also responsible for providing excellent customer
service and sharing product information with team members and
customers about specialty cheeses, product pairings, recipes, and
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the
- Immediately greets all customers; demonstrates genuine
enthusiasm and sincerity; customizes approach to meet customer
needs and build rapport. Works to create customer loyalty through
- Anticipates customer needs and questions related to products;
completes industry-related reading and self-education activities
required to remain knowledgeable and current in areas of
responsibility, including product knowledge (e.g., product tasting,
cutting-edge trends, product use research, and vocabulary
development). Effectively follows through with customers, including
item requests, questions, and concerns.
- Effectively shifts-gears to meet customer needs; moves with
ease from greeting to providing product information, up-selling,
closing the sale, thanking customers and inviting them back.
Effectively assesses customers' needs and appropriately suggests
products. Offers customers opportunities to interact with
- Packages customer products in a manner that is consistent with
department standards and sanitation guidelines and/or customer
request; ensures customer purchases are packaged with the highest
level of quality, proper tools, and presentation maintained.
- Actively seeks out product knowledge and adheres to approved
product sampling methods and expectations; presents product
knowledge in a positive, appealing manner that promotes increased
sales and best serves the customer.
- Develops customer base by providing excellent customer service
throughout the store; effectively secures the assistance of other
store personnel as needed.
- Adheres to all food safety and sanitation requirements.
Consistently demonstrates knowledge of HACCP and Department of
- Completes daily projects and activities as assigned or needed;
ensures daily tasks and assignments are accomplished correctly and
in a timely manner.
- Participates in MD&SCD staff meetings and store staff
meetings as required.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned by the MD&SCD
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best
combination of the following qualifications:
- Participate in the company-sponsored training and preparation
for the Certified Cheese Professional accreditation. Team members
may, but are not required to, take the American Cheese Society
- Minimum one year food service experience strongly
- Must possess a minimum of one year of customer service
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce
quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of
urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative;
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
- Possesses knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of
Health guidelines, and inventory/portion control.
- Possesses adequate product information with a proven history of
using knowledge to best service customers. Demonstrates
comprehensive knowledge and understanding of food, including
ingredients, applications, pronunciations and culinary skills.
Possesses a genuine passion for food.
- Proven success as a team member; demonstrated ability to work
well with diverse groups of people.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates an interest in learning; possesses a strong
interest in food and related products.
- Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities
with professionalism and confidentiality essential.
- Able to lift and carry unassisted 25 pounds with frequency;
able to lift and carry unassisted 50 pounds occasionally.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of
Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be
afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race,
color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes),
national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging
in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination
or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age,
genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as
a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under
applicable local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Metropolitan Market, Tacoma , Cheesemonger-, Proctor, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!