Loan Documentation Supervisor
Company: Columbia BankSystem, Inc.
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure the efficient and effective preparation and processing
of commercial and consumer loan documentation by overseeing
compliance to federal and bank policies as they relate to advances,
rates, terms and maturities of loans and documentation.
- Facilitate proper completion of loan documents within required
time frames by working closely with staff. Assess and distribute
daily workload and assist when necessary to meet deadlines and
minimize overtime, coordinating workflow with related lending units
to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Review and recommend process improvements, procedures and
technology to make daily documentation operations more
- Professionally communicate and provide assistance to lending
and retail personnel by investigating and resolving problems and
- Assist with preparation of complex commercial loan document
- Monitor and manage the level of service provided to lending
units, reporting to management on the results achieved monthly and
taking corrective action when acceptable levels are not achieved.
Compile statistics and prepare management reports related to the
quantity and quality of work completed by the document preparation
- Identify loan documentation system problems working in
conjunction with the System Administrator for clarification and
resolution; ensure all document preparation equipment is maintained
and in proper work order; coordinate all system updates and
enhancements with System Administrator.
- Manage assigned personnel by providing ongoing training and
coaching; ensuring that the team is adequately staffed with
qualified, well trained employees; model professional image and
demeanor. Make recommendations to management concerning employment,
performance reviews, promotions and terminations; identify and
resolve routine personnel issues.
- Make decisions/recommendations regarding loan document verbiage
on complex or unique loans.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the
performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control
responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures,
and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Solid functional knowledge of commercial and consumer loan
documentation requirements, state and federal regulations, and bank
policies and procedures.
- Embodiment of Columbia Bank's philosophy and core behaviors
(genuine, work ethic, influence, continuous learning, team play,
problem solving, and communication).
- Embodiment of Columbia Bank's spirit of customer service,
professionalism, integrity, respect, contribution to the community
- Outstanding customer service skills characterized by a friendly
and outgoing personality and desire to meet and exceed customer
expectations for service and support.
- Ability to think critically and provide quick, appropriate
solutions for customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and high volume
environment while maintaining a high energy and enthusiastic
approach to a broad range of customer needs.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at
all times that ensures appropriate and professional behavior and
communication with customers and staff.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills are necessary
along with the ability to multitask and consistently follow up in a
timely and effective manner.
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to change
priorities and tasks.
- Ability to lead, empower, coach and mentor staff to their
- Must be a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual.
- Ability to create general correspondence and communicate
effectively in verbal and written formats.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with an emphasis
on coaching and mentoring staff.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products, math and
- Ability to develop and maintain working knowledge of Columbia
Bank policies, procedures, and systems.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate
Values and Behaviors:
- Build enduring RELATIONSHIPS with clients and each other.
- Drive INNOVATION that simplifies life and work.
- Seek continuous GROWTH in your personal and professional
- Commit with HEART to serve others.
- Extend TRUST in order to receive it.
Keywords: Columbia BankSystem, Inc., Tacoma , Loan Documentation Supervisor, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!