Quality Control Supervisor
Company: Columbia BankSystem, Inc.
Posted on: November 20, 2020
- Facilitate proper completion of quality control related tasks
within required time frames by working closely with Quality Control
staff. Assess and distribute daily workload and assist when
necessary to meet deadlines and minimize overtime, coordinating
workflow to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Develop, review, recommend and implement quality control
process improvements, procedures and technology to ensure
efficiency in daily loan production operations.
- Provide recommendations regarding loan documentation verbiage
on complex or unique loans.
- Professionally communicate and provide service to lending and
retail personnel by investigating and resolving complex
documentation problems and answering inquiries.
- Oversee the review of all commercial and consumer loan
documents prepared by Loan Documentation Specialists for accuracy;
recording any errors noted and reporting any significant
deficiencies to Loan Documentation Supervisor.
- Ensure financial controls and compliance of Loans In Process
procedure by performing daily and monthly reconciliation of Loans
in Process account; producing and distributing reports to
- Monitor and manage the level of service provided to lending
units, reporting to management on the results achieved monthly and
taking corrective action when acceptable levels are not achieved.
Compile statistics and prepare management reports related to the
quantity and quality of work completed by the Quality Control
- Facilitate review of all booked loans, both commercial and
consumer, including insuring accuracy of boarding data, file
preparation, collateral perfection, and compliance data; directing
the follow-up of incomplete collateral and security holds to ensure
the Bank's security interest is perfected.
- Supervise assigned personnel by providing ongoing training and
coaching; ensuring that the team is adequately staffed with
qualified, well trained employees; model professional image and
demeanor. Make recommendations to management concerning employment,
performance reviews, promotions and terminations; identify and
resolve routine personnel issues.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of commercial and consumer loan
documentation and collateral requirements working closely with Loan
Documentation Supervisor and Department Manager to identify and
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
All employees are responsible for internal controls in the
performance of their assigned duties. Internal Control
responsibilities are established in various policies, procedures,
and documents, including the Code of Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3 + years Supervisory experience preferred
- Solid functional knowledge of commercial and consumer loan
documentation requirements, state and federal regulations, and bank
policies and procedures.
- Embodiment of Columbia Bank's philosophy and core behaviors
(genuine, work ethic, influence, continuous learning, team play,
problem solving, and communication).
- Embodiment of Columbia Bank's spirit of customer service,
professionalism, integrity, respect, contribution to the community
- Outstanding customer service skills characterized by a friendly
and outgoing personality and desire to meet and exceed customer
expectations for service and support.
- Ability to think critically and provide quick, appropriate
solutions for customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and high volume
environment while maintaining a high energy and enthusiastic
approach to a broad range of customer needs.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at
all times that ensures appropriate and professional behavior and
communication with customers and staff.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills are necessary
along with the ability to multitask and consistently follow up in a
timely and effective manner.
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to change
priorities and tasks.
- Ability to lead, empower, coach and mentor staff to their
- Must be a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual.
- Ability to create general correspondence and communicate
effectively in verbal and written formats.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with an emphasis
on coaching and mentoring staff.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products, math and
- Ability to develop and maintain working knowledge of Columbia
Bank policies, procedures, and systems.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and
compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer,
whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and
contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and
experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the
customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to
advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to
every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume
responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively
listen and learn from each other.
- Have a sense of community. We firmly believe that we're only as
strong as the communities we serve. Your involvement is an
important part of who we are.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard
Keywords: Columbia BankSystem, Inc., Tacoma , Quality Control Supervisor, Other , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!