Vice President of Distribution (Transportation & Logistics)
Tacoma, WA 98416
Recruited by: Josh Slimmer | Recruiter | Jericho HR Group See
all my Jobs
Hiring Company: Jericho HR Group
Compensation: to be determined
Expires: Sep 27, 2020
Share this job: Please ensure all fields are filled in and your
resume is attached
Submit your information and resume instantly with Monster!
Job Description Planning, management and execution of all
distribution related functions to achieve goals consistent with
division profitability, and at the same time, providing excellent
service to company customers and teammates.
• Recommend distribution operating budget along with capital
expenditure requirements. Effectively administer, monitor, control
& develop the system & policies necessary to achieve effective
distribution expense control.
• Accountable for compliance with Federal, State, and local
regulations governing our Distribution Centers and Transportation
Departments by monitoring implementation and practice to ensure
• Maintain safe/secure environment for teammates. Adherence to
safety programs, procedures, and policies.
• Provides distribution teammates with training required to
complete their job along with cross-training those who may have
career advancement material quality. Maintain good and effective
employee morale and communications.
• Responsible for total inventory management by ensuring the
compliance of receiving and inventory control procedures.
Develop/recommend alterations to procedures and Best Practices as
• Responsible to ensure productive Distribution Center and
Transportation Department by continually monitoring key indicators
are achieving desired productivity goals to ensure company’s
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
• Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in all facets of
outbound and inbound warehousing and transportation, preferably in
the grocery or food service industry.
• Experience with private fleets and DOT regulations
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
• Experience performing budget creation, forecasting
• Be skilled on Excel, Microsoft Word and Access and Power Point
• Be experienced in managing large warehouse and transportation
staffs with a background in hiring, training, motivating and
resolving employee relations issues.
• Have the ability to write reports, business correspondence,
Best Practice, intra-company memos and outside correspondence.
• Have a minimum of 4 years planning, analytical and/or
reporting experience, preferably in positions of increasing
• Be able to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
• Possess detailed understanding of financial statements and
resulting cost implications.
• Have the ability to identify financial issues and provide
Postings is a Trademark of Mingle, LLC. Copyright 2015 Mingle,
LLC. All rights reserved.