TacomaRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Tacoma jobs

Business Intelligence Developer

Company: Milgard Manufacturing
Location: Tacoma
Posted on: June 25, 2022

Job Description:

A Business Intelligence (BI) Developer job is available in Fife, WA, at Milgard Windows and Doors. You will be responsible for creating reports per company needs, and perform data validation by writing SQL queries on the source and target databases. You will spend 80% of your time on ETL and the remaining 20% on front-end reporting through Cognos. A bachelor's degree and two to four years of experience working with Data warehouse and BI technologies are required. The salary for this role is dependent on experience. Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, Oregon, and California. Milgard was recently acquired by MI Windows, creating additional opportunities for growth and synergies between these two industry leaders.Business Intelligence (BI) Developer job responsibilities include:

  • You will be part of requirement analysis, understand the source data structure, and create ETL packages to process and load data into target tables.
  • Perform problem analysis, reverse engineer existing data models to understand data, and resolve ETL/Data issues.
  • Create reports per company needs, and perform data validation by writing SQL queries on the source and target databases.
  • Monitor existing ETL/Reporting job schedules, investigate, and resolve issues.
  • Work with the team to gain data and enterprise knowledge, understand the data flow between various systems, and step in to provide requested data/reports for company needs.
  • Hands-on with data warehouse system and implement necessary changes to the database, ETL packages, and schedules.
  • Responsible for following the standard industry practices for design and delivering solutions
  • Conduct thorough testing for the solutions developed, assist onsite owners with acceptance testing of final results, enhance the existing applications, or introduce new functionality in a project.
  • Monitor daily data refresh jobs and reports, and take necessary actions to deliver key corporate reports on time.
  • Internal Customer support working with on-site and other internal teams. Requirements Qualifications:
    • Prior experience working with Cognos BI, SSIS, and Tableau.
    • Experience in writing performance-optimized SQL statements in SQL Server, Oracle and DB2
    • Exposure to Power BI and Tableau technologies.
    • Exposure to Cloud and Big Data Technologies.
    • Strong analytical, excellent troubleshooting, and programming skills. .Net Windows programming languages.
    • Prior experience with Manufacturing and Sales data models is a plus but not a must-have
    • Two to four years of experience working with Data warehouse and BI technologies.
    • Experience working on Support Projects onsite and offshore (flexibility in schedule is needed).
    • Knowledge of two-plus reporting tools and two ETL Tools.
    • Experience in writing SQL Queries in multiple databases; (SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2).
    • Experience in creating models and reports using Cognos BI.
    • Hands-on in developing SSIS Packages using various data sources; (Database, CSV, XML, and JSON).
    • Have experience in understanding data models, and writing SQL queries in SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2.
    • Good understanding of Data Warehouse Best Practices
    • Accustomed to working with aggressive project timelines
    • Minimum of bachelor's degree in EngineeringMilgard is growing with a track record of strong financial performance, which creates opportunities for team members. A great opportunity to learn about our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total reward offering, including:
      • Vacation and Sick pay
      • Medical/Dental/Vision - Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
      • Tuition assistance - continue your education; we will help!
      • Career growth opportunities - take on more responsibility and grow!If you are interested in this Business Intelligence (BI) Developer job in Fife, WA, please apply now. To learn more about Milgard's products, services, and culture, visit our website at www.milgard.com/careers. We have built our success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career as we continue to build an even greater organization!#CB#MONSTER

Keywords: Milgard Manufacturing, Tacoma , Business Intelligence Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Tacoma, Washington

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category
within


Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Washington jobs by following @recnetWA on Twitter!

Tacoma RSS job feeds