Mobile Instrument Technician
Company: BPI Medical
Posted on: February 20, 2021
BPI Medical is a rewarding career path for anyone interested in
making a difference every day. We believe in service above self and
contribution to others, and quality is our primary service. We have
a relaxed work atmosphere with an exceptional staff. We understand
that continuous improvement is more than a business philosophy.
It's a personal contribution to making our customers, our business,
and our team members better every day.
BPI is committed to world-class service, quality, and
The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide high
quality cost effective surgical instrument repairs for hospitals,
medical clinics, and surgery centers. This position is based from a
mobile van-based workshop and performs work at varying facilities
with varying and asymmetrical schedules.
Essential Functions And Duties
- Coordinate communications between Mobile Operations Manager,
Regional Outside Sales Representatives, customers, and the BPI
Repair Facility-based team members to maximize customer
- Develop new customer relationships and optimize existing
customer relationships in order to develop business opportunities
for both repair service sales and mobile service sales.
- Successfully perform mobile repair activities within an
- Conduct all driving activities, both federally and within the
laws of each state.
- Evaluate the functionality and condition surgical
instrumentation and equipment.
- Must be able to understand and perform all form, fit, and
functionality testing on instruments to ensure the correct
- Effectively and proficiently use repair-related hand tools;
such as dremels, hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, punches, drills,
dies, taps, belt sanders, grinding wheels, bead blasters,
burnishers, polishers, soldering equipment, and acetylene
- Effectively and proficiently use measuring tools; such as
- Be able to accurately repair and refurbish a variety of complex
surgical instruments. A typical mobile technician's repair skill
band would range from hemostats to laparoscopic instruments.
- Execute heat adjustments, simple silver & tin soldering, and
other repair-related metal fabrication. Must demonstrate basic
understanding and capabilities with a drill press, lathe, and
- Understand and follow applicable performance and quality system
policy, process, and work instructions.
- Ability to read, understand, and enter data into
production-related software is critical. Examples include business
forms, and Microsoft Excel tasks.
- Perform preventative daily maintenance tasks such as: change
ultrasonic solutions, clean bag house filters, change glass bead &
bead blaster filters, drain water from compressor, change out A/C
filters, cleaning the truck inside and out, and other maintenance
duties as required.
- Collaborate with customers regarding their inventory management
and maintenance practices.
- It is an essential requirement that the Mobile Technician
maintain all vendor-required credentialing. These requirements,
defined by our customers, can be related to HIPAA, medical
vaccinations / certifications / and attestations, and the constant
ability to pass a criminal background check.
- As this position requires daily automobile travel, the team
member must maintain all state-required credentials related to
driving a vehicle; such as a valid driver's licenses, valid and
adequate insurance, and proper up-to-date car registration.
Two to five years of precision metal fabrication experience within
a manufacturing environment is highly preferred. Advanced knowledge
of soldering applications, metallurgy, measurement tools,
mathematics, and blueprint reading is preferred. Ability to use the
Microsoft Office suite of products is also preferred.
Vision correctable to 20/20 with full-color spectrum recognition is
required to discern small variances in measurement, material, and
quality. This position must be able to visually and physically
determine variations within tolerances equal to scalpel sharpness.
Predominantly required to sit, stand, walk, and drive as part of
the daily routine. Based upon the relationship to manufacturing and
production, the ability to move or transport goods and materials,
up to 40 pounds is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation,
disability, marital status, veteran status, age, or national
origin. We welcome resumes from all people!
Keywords: BPI Medical, Tacoma , Mobile Instrument Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!