Regence (FEP) Customer Service Professional I
Company: Cambia Health Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Regence (FEP) Customer Service Professional I page is loaded
Regence (FEP) Customer Service Professional I Apply locations
Tacoma, WA time type Full time posted on Posted 8 Days Ago job
requisition id R-3614 Regence (FEP) Customer Service Professional I
- Option for Hybrid Working Model On-Site - Tacoma, WA Option for
Hybrid Working Model, including both in-office and/or remote work,
following the successful completion of training. - Starting pay
range $19.10 - $20.10 DOE. Call Center hours are Monday - Friday,
7am - 7pm PDT Start date: Monday, May 1st, 2023 IMPORTANT: We will
be conducting verification of employment on your current and past
employment if selected to hire. Please make sure you are applying
with the most updated resume with correct dates of employment.
Primary Job Purpose: Due to growth of our company and department,
we are looking to expand our team. Bring your excellent customer
service skills to the FEP (Federal Employee Program) Customer
Service role! As an FEP Customer Service Professional, you will
inform, educate, and assist members, providers, other health-care
professionals, or other provider representatives on recorded phone
lines regarding benefits, claims and eligibility.. General
Functions and Outcomes:
- Be the primary contact between Cambia and the consumer.
- Successfully complete training period and meet dependability,
timeliness, accuracy, quantity, and quality standards as
established by department. Study, review and learn information,
procedures, and techniques for responding to a variety of
- Communicate with members, providers, healthcare professionals,
agents/brokers, attorneys, group administrators, other member
representatives, internal staff, and the general public with
inquiries regarding benefits, claim payments and denials,
eligibility, decisions, and other information through various media
- oral, written and on-line communications.
- Quickly and accurately assess provider and member inquiries and
requirements by establishing rapport to understand their service
needs. Identify errors promptly and implement corrective steps to
- Determine benefit payments, maximum allowable fees, co-pays,
and deductibles from appropriate contracts.
- Explain benefits, rules of eligibility and claims payment
procedures, pre-authorizations, medical review and referrals, and
grievance/appeal procedures to members and providers to ensure that
benefits, policies, and procedures are understood.
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity in all aspects of
internal and external contacts.
- Manage large volume of calls daily, prioritize follow-through
and document member and provider inquiries and actions on tracking
system and/or by completing logs. May generate written
correspondence and process document requests.
- Work is subject to audit/checks and requires considerable
accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Comply with the standards of the Federal Employee Program as
they relate to the employee's responsibility to meet BlueCross
BlueShield Association (BCBSA) standards and company goals.
- Assist in identifying issues and trends to improve overall
customer service. Minimum Requirements:
- Proficient PC skills and prior experience in a PC
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding preferred.
- Apply mathematical concepts and calculations.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, using accurate
punctuation, spelling, grammar, and proof-reading skills.
- Strong customer-service skills, including courteous telephone
- Make decisions and exercise good judgment in a sophisticated
and constantly evolving environment.
- Learn, retain, and interpret new or evolving information,
procedures, and policies and communicate them effectively.
- Work under stress and pressure and respond to inquiries with
tact, diplomacy, and patience.
- Work in a team environment.
- Exercise discretion on critical and confidential matters.
- Demonstrate initiative in researching and resolving benefit and
eligibility issues.Normally to be proficient in the competencies
below:Customer Service Professional would have a high school
diploma or equivalent and 6 months of customer service call center
experience or 6 months of customer service experience such as
insurance, retail, banking, restaurant, hospital medical office or
other experience with extensive customer service contact or
equivalent combination or education and experience. Work
- This is an in-office position, in our Tacoma, WA office.
- Option for Hybrid Working Model, including both in-office
and/or remote work, following the successful completion of
- Our call center is open 7am-7pm (PST) M-F.The base pay annual
salary range for this job is $19.10 - $20.10, depending on
candidate's geographic location and experience. -The annual
incentive payment target for this position is 5% At Cambia, we take
a variety of factors into account when creating a job offer,
including your skills, experience, education, and training;
relevant licensure / certifications; performance history; and work
location. While we offer competitive salaries, in general, we
rarely hire candidates at or near the top of the salary range. Base
pay is just part of the compensation package at Cambia that is
supplemented with an exceptional 401(k) match, bonus opportunity
and other benefits. In keeping with our Cause and vision, we offer
comprehensive well-being programs and benefits, which we
periodically update to stay current. Some highlights:
- medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their
eligible family members
- annual employer contribution to a health savings account
($1,200 or $2,500 depending on medical coverage, prorated based on
- paid time off and company holidays
- up to a 6% company match on employee 401k contributions, with a
potential discretionary contribution based on company performance
(no vesting period)
- up to 12 weeks of paid parental time off (eligible day one of
employment if within first 12 months following birth or
- one-time furniture and equipment allowance for employees
working from home
- up to $225 in Amazon gift cards for participating in various
well-being activities for a complete list see our External Total
Rewards page. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and
tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by law. A background check is required. If you need
accommodation for any part of the application process because of a
medical condition or disability, please email
CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com . Information about how Cambia
Health Solutions collects, uses, and discloses information is
committed to the health of our communities and employees during the
COVID-19 pandemic. Please review the policy on our Careers site.
About Us Everyone is a health care consumer deserving of a simpler,
more personalized experience. Cambia is transforming the health
care system to revolve around people. For over 100 years we've
designed people-first health solutions rooted in the nation's first
health plan, a loggers' wage pool established in the Pacific
Northwest. Today that pioneering spirit aligns our family of over
20 companies, including 4 not-for-profit BlueCross and BlueShield
licensed health plans serving over 3 million Americans. Cambia
blends data science with a compassionate human perspective to
anticipate people's needs, and empower them to make smarter health
care choices. Interested in driving accessibility, affordability
and quality health care for real people? Apply to any of our open
jobs or join the Twitter conversation @Cambia . Information about
how Cambia Health Solutions collects, uses, and discloses
Keywords: Cambia Health Solutions, Inc., Tacoma , Regence (FEP) Customer Service Professional I, Hospitality & Tourism , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...