Company: Tacoma Screw Products
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionTacoma Screw Products, Inc. is a distribution
company that sells industrial supplies, fasteners and tools to
contractors, small and large businesses and individual retail
customers since 1946. We have a unique blend of Wholesale and
Retail Customers and pride ourselves on delivering superior
customer service. The Purchasing Department is responsible for
providing our customers with the wide range of product Tacoma Screw
is known for.This position will spend the majority of time sourcing
and quoting special orders for our Outside Sales and Counter Sales
Teams. They will be responsible for maintaining accurate records on
the product they are sourcing ranging from Salesperson Request to
Warehouse Delivery. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, prides
themselves on providing superior customer service, focused on
finding creative solutions, comfortable with asking questions and
leveraging their resources.Our Purchasing Department operates out
of our Corporate Headquarters located at 2001 Center Street, Tacoma
WA 98409Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
- Conducting research on potential products, vendors, and
comparing price and quality to ensure the best product for the
- Must be experienced with finding products for resale
- Works with vendors to obtain product information such as price,
availability, technical information and delivery schedule.
- Must be able to negotiate with vendors to obtain best pricing
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or
- Prepares and maintains procurement records such as items or
services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or
performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with
inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others
to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Expedites delivery of goods to customers as needed
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent math skills and good spelling and
- Extremely detailed
- Ability to prioritize
- Negotiation Skills
- Excellent follow through and completion of tasks
- Excels at multitasking as this job requires above average
- Operates with efficiency and sense of
urgency.Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from
four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Benefits:We are proud to offer best in class benefits to support
our employees and any eligible dependents.
- Medical/dental/vision coverage; premiums are 100% paid by the
- 401K Plan
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday pay
- EAP Resources
- *Benefits are granted after 90 days of Full Time
EmploymentAdditional Details:The job posting highlights the most
critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; this is not
all inclusive. There may be additional tasks, responsibilities, and
qualifications for this job.Tacoma Screw is an EEO/Vet/Disabled
Keywords: Tacoma Screw Products, Tacoma , Fastener Buyer, Hospitality & Tourism , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!