Company: Almatacoma (formerly Alma Mater Management Company
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job DescriptionALMA IS A PLACE FOR MUSIC, FOOD, ART, AND CULTURE
IN TACOMA, a welcoming and inclusive gathering spot that channels,
celebrates, and seeks to nourish the soul of this land, the people
on it, the people from it, and those just passing through.OUR
MISSIONAt ALMA, our mission is to be a conduit for art and cultural
exchange that connects and uplifts our communityOUR VISIONWe
believe in the sacredness and potential of Tacoma. We want to live
in a world where arts, culture and indigenous principles drive
shared prosperity and wellbeing. OUR CORE VALUES
- Creative Expression
- SustainabilityBarista Job Description - ALMAReports to
Restaurant Manager Avg 15-20 hours/wk - $15.50 + TipsOVERVIEWOur
Restaurant seeks a friendly, upbeat individual to work variable
shifts during our operational hours; Wednesday thru Sunday. The
ideal candidate loves making small talk with customers, understands
and resonates with our core values and is willing to learn patrons'
names in our community-driven establishment. They should be willing
to fill in as needed for busboys, servers and bartenders to keep up
with busy shifts with occasional back-of-house assistance, such as
inspecting/cleaning restrooms. If you love the restaurant business
or enjoy working in a multi-faceted organization and genuinely
enjoy people, we need to hear from you!JOB EXPECTATIONS
- Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling
coffee and coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories, and
supplies; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks.
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee
drink menu; answering questions.
- Sells coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by
explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation
machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed
recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as,
espresso, espresso lungo, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new
and expanded services and products.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply;
stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries,
and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions;
troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing
preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following
organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and
redesigning processes; implementing changes; maintaining and
improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service
publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
- New hire cross training requiredQUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Flexible schedule
- Advanced time management skills
- Friendly, open disposition
- Team player who looks for ways to help out other employees
- Prior café or coffee shop experience a plus
- Familiarity with telephone, office, and point-of-sale
- Food Handlers Permit
Keywords: Almatacoma (formerly Alma Mater Management Company, Tacoma , Barista, Hospitality & Tourism , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!