Internal Medicine Physician General Internist - Physicians Only Apply - Perm
Company: Advancement Agents
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Medical Doctors Only Apply. A Internal Medicine Physician General
Internist practice is seeking a qualified physician for Tacoma, WA.
This and other physician jobs brought to you by ExactMD.
Looking for Physicians to provide medical care to patients in
1. Maintains clinical professional skills via continuing education
2. Maintains CPR/BLS certification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides specialized medical services to outpatients and
provides medical care to inpatients in facilities with a short stay
unit. Specific duties involve all aspects of health care delivery.
The incumbent will work in concert with both facility staff and
consultant specialists in various clinical areas.
2. Performs all duties in accordance with current accepted medical
practices and procedures.
3. Conducts physical examinations, initial and follow-up
assessments for acute and chronic medical condition.
4. Collects comprehensive medical and social history to include a
review of all body systems.
5. Performs physical assessment in correlation with historical
findings, records preliminary objective findings.
6. Acts as a consultant for mid-level providers and/or registered
nurses, providing oversight and direction. Incumbent will provide
input for the performance rating of nurses and mid-level
7. Examines and orders appropriate diagnostic testing and provides
necessary treatment and/or medications as required. Refers selected
cases to consultant specialists when necessary. Refers detainees
requiring hospitalization to a community hospital and to an
appropriate admitting physician.
8. For facilities with a short stay unit the incumbent will make
rounds on detainees admitted to his/her care, mid-levels providers,
and nursing personnel, as described in applicable local procedures.
Additionally, the clinician may see detainees who are in
locked/segregated status in their designated housing area or are
housed in segregation units.
9. Administers or directs administration of both curative and
10. Prescribes medications (including narcotics and routine psycho
tropics), treatments, diets, and nursing care.
11. Renders emergency medical/surgical/mental health services as
12. As the licensed provider, the incumbent provides clinical
oversight. It is the incumbent's responsibility to consult with
other health care providers to provide training and mentoring and
to be directly involved with the evaluation and treatment of
severely ill and medically complex patient care problems. Is
responsible for providing direct patient care.
13. Ensures that proper evaluations and treatments are carried out
Incumbent shall constantly monitor and evaluate the quality of
patient care, providing data to the departmental Performance
Improvement program, and other agencies or committees as
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the
United States or
2. Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of
the applicant's graduation.
3. Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical
school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially
equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be
demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational
Commission for Foreign Medical
4. Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans
who completed premedical education in the United States and
graduate education in a foreign country).
5. Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of
Osteopathy degree a candidate must have had at least 1 year of
supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical
setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency
program in an institution accredited for such training. For
purposes of this standard, graduate training programs include only
those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are
approved by AGCME or AOA accrediting bodies recognized within the
United States or Canada. Listings of accredited programs are
published yearly in the Directory of Residency Training Programs
and the Yearbook and Directory of Osteopathic Physicians.
6. Evidence of board eligibility/certification is required in an
appropriate primary care specialty (internal medicine, family
medicine, emergency medicine) by an ABMS or AOA approved board.
7. Board certified required.
8. Certification of American Heart Association Basic Life Support
Providers is required.
9. Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license
to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
The license must be maintained in a permanent, full, and
unrestricted status during the term of employment.
10. Continuing education requirements must be met as required for
licensing and board certification maintenance.
Keywords: Advancement Agents, Tacoma , Internal Medicine Physician General Internist - Physicians Only Apply - Perm, Healthcare , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!