Company: CHI Franciscan
Posted on: March 16, 2019
JobTitle: Respiratory Therapist
Facility: St Joseph Medical Center
Location: Tacoma, WA
Department: Respiratory Therapy
JobType: .9 FTE (36 hrs a week)
Important Note: Nicotine (including cigarettes, gum, patches,vapors, etc---) and marijuana is part of our pre-employment drug screen
Evaluates, administers, assesses and documents a variety of respiratory therapy treatments to ambulatory and non-ambulatory patients, with heart and lung abnormalities, in assigned hospital, to include intensive care and the emergency room. Sets up and monitors a variety of complex respiratory equipment such as volume and pressure ventilators for critical care patients. Performs routine respiratory therapy treatments such as oxygen, therapeutic aerosols, intermittent positive pressure breathing, incentive spirometer, and airway care to include intubation/estuation and tracheotomy care. Monitors patients for adverse reaction, and takes corrective action based on established procedures. Determines the effectiveness and/or need for change in the therapy being administered and make recommendations to the physicians regarding treatment.
Incumbents are also accountable for providing resuscitation services, participating in various orientations, providing educational/orientation services to students, quality improvement and department projects, providing and maintaining skill levels to reflect the ever changing procedures and techniques of respiratory care.
This job exists in multiple locations, and while there may be minor differences in job content, they are not significant for classification purposes. Overall, the nature of the work and job requirements is consistent between locations.
Essential Job Duties:
* Performs respiratory patient care to include Aerosol Therapy, ABGs, ETTs, Bronchus, ECGs, CPT, Vent Care, CPAP/BIPAP therapy and other Respiratory Care Procedures in accordance with all department safety, risk management and procedural standards.
* Continually evaluates and assesses the cardiopulmonary condition of patients using data acquired from physical examination, respiratory monitoring, and diagnostic equipment.
* Documents all work activity in applicable computer system to include billing charges in accordance with department specific processes.Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of communication tools/materials for effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Population Served: Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department's defined specific populations served.
* Participates in the transfer of equipment and supplies to and from other Cardiopulmonary Departments as necessary; cleans, assembles and maintains CPS equipment and restocks supplies as needed.
* Performs related duties as required
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
Requires graduation from an approved school of Respiratory Therapy and one (1) year recent clinical experience in Respiratory Care that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities. Work experience in the specialty area is preferred.
* License to practice as a respiratory care practitioner through the Washington State Department of Health required.
* Registration through the National Board of Respiratory Care preferred.
* Current healthcare provider BLS Certification.
* Respiratory Therapists currently working in hyperbaric medicine will attend a Certified Hyperbaric Training course within 90 days and will be required to obtain the Certified Hyperbaric Technician (CHT) within 120 days.
* New hires in Hyperbaric Medicine, upon completion of the 90 day introductory period, will attend the Certified Hyperbaric Training course. After completion of the course, and an additional 480 hours of on-the-job training, will be required to obtain the Certified Hyperbaric Technician (CHT) license.
* Requisition ID: 2019-R0216443
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center
Keywords: CHI Franciscan, Tacoma , Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!