Company: CHI Franciscan Health
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Job Title: Speech Pathologist Facility: St Joseph Medical Center Location: Tacoma, WA Department: Speech Therapy Job Type: Per Diem Shift: Days Important Note: Nicotine (including cigarettes, gum, patches, vapors, etc---) and marijuana is part of our pre-employment drug screen
Evaluates and treats patients with communication, speech and swallowing disorders to improve communication skills through vocal exercises and cognitive therapies in accordance with FHS policies/guidelines, regulatory requirements and the standards of the profession. Work includes indirect patient care activities such as; documentation, scheduling, family training, attendance at rounds, interaction with the Interdisciplinary Team, participation in staff meetings, ordering supplies, and contributing to continuous quality control and performance improvement.
Incumbents are also accountable for responding effectively to legal, patient rights, safety, maintenance, and emergency situations; participating in continuing education, staff development, self-directed learning and overseeing the performance of and providing performance feedback of staff, aides, students, volunteers as requested.
- Performs patient assessment/data collection and formulates treatment plans for individuals with disorders of cognition, communication and swallow; reviews goals and treatment plan with patient and/or caregiver.
- Implements and updates a treatment plan that includes: consultation with other disciplines; communication of recommendations to referral sources; and participation in team decision-making.
- Completes all required documentation, in an accurate and thorough manner, of speech language pathology treatment in accordance with FHS documentation standard.
Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence. Education/Experience:
Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology, and three months of recent experience (three-month internship may apply) in the field of Speech-Language Pathology in a hospital or rehabilitation setting with an emphasis in adult neurological services that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology issued by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Current active Washington State Speech/Language Pathologist license or a Washington State Interim Permit (valid for a maximum of 6 months unless an extension is approved by the Department Director.
- Current healthcare provider BLS Certification. Additional Information
- Requisition ID: 2018-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Day Job
Keywords: CHI Franciscan Health, Tacoma , Speech Pathologist, Healthcare , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!