RN - Hospice Visiting Nurse - Per Diem - Great Team! S. King County/Tacoma WA
Posted on: March 17, 2023
PER DIEM HOSPICE VISITING NURSE - TACOMA BRANCH OFFICE
Provides comprehensive skilled nursing care and services to
patients in the home setting. Works on an interdisciplinary team to
provide care in the home health, palliative care and hospice
programs. Accountable for the assessment, development of plan of
care, education and consultation related to pain and symptom
management as well as adjustment to changes in health status. Plans
for the return of patient care to primary Health Care providers as
- Provides nursing interventions requiring substantial and
specialized nursing skill, and initiates appropriate preventive and
rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Follows through the plan of care as developed to: provide
appropriate instruction to patient/caregiver about health care,
disease management and adjustment to illness; direct and supervise
the care and services of LPN and HHA in the home setting; perform
treatments; instruct patients/families in self care activities and
home safety; and competently perform skills/tasks per plan of care.
This includes pain and symptom management in the home.
- Performs skilled procedures to include injections, dressings,
catheter insertion and care, colostomy and tracheotomy, central
line IV care and blood draws. Identifies educational needs.
- Instructs patient according to the plan of care. Provides care
and case management with interdisciplinary team.
- Communicates and collaborates with other interdisplinary team
members and with the patient family in planning and implementing
- Records accurate and pertinent data in the electronic medical
record in a timely manner, according to documentation
- Adheres to KFHPW infection control, safety, hazardous waste,
universal precautions, and CPR standards.
- Identifies own learning needs, including those related to
age-specific populations and participates in educational efforts to
meet those needs.
- Participates in the following: staff orientation; self and
colleague/team performance reviews; and activities related to
quality care and cost saving measures. Adheres to KFHPW personnel
policies and maintains a high standard of professional work
- Demonstrates an appearance consistent with KFHPW dress code
- Assesses patient need for care and communicates with other
health care providers appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Collects data relevant to visit throughout the duration of
care. Develops and initiates the plan of care based on
- Communicates and collaborates with medical doctor(s) to
establish plan of care.
- Evaluates patient response to care through timely assessment,
communication and observation.
- Modifies plan of care through assessment based upon patient and
care systems response.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as Registered Nurse in
medical surgical, home health or hospice.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.
- Associates degree in Nursing from an accredited program.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Driver's License (Washington) required at hire
- Proof of automobile insurance.
- Demonstrated experience providing care planning within a
community setting (continuum of care).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to transfer/position patients as needs require.
- Basic laptop skills including MS Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Horizon for homecare system experience.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or related health care field.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Tacoma , RN - Hospice Visiting Nurse - Per Diem - Great Team! S. King County/Tacoma WA, Healthcare , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...