Physician - Emergency/Family/Internal Medicine (7292)
Company: STG International Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Internal Medicine opening in Tacoma, Washington. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
STG International is seeking qualified candidates for the Physician
position to work full-time providing health care to detainees in
custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the Immigration
and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
1. Maintains clinical professional skills via continuing education
2. Maintains CPR/BLS certification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides specialized medical services to outpatients and
provides medical care to inpatients in facilities with a short stay
unit. Specific duties involve all aspects of health care delivery.
The incumbent will work in concert with both facility staff and
consultant specialists in various clinical areas.
2. Performs all duties in accordance with current accepted medical
practices and procedures.
3. Conducts physical examinations, initial and follow-up
assessments for acute and chronic medical condition.
4. Collects comprehensive medical and social history to include a
review of all body systems.
5. Performs physical assessment in correlation with historical
findings, records preliminary objective findings.
6. Acts as a consultant for mid-level providers and/or registered
nurses, providing oversight and direction. Incumbent will provide
input for the performance rating of nurses and mid-level
7. Examines and orders appropriate diagnostic testing and provides
necessary treatment and/or medications as required. Refers selected
cases to consultant specialists when necessary. Refers detainees
requiring hospitalization to a community hospital and to an
appropriate admitting physician.
8. For facilities with a short stay unit the incumbent will make
rounds on detainees admitted to his/her care, mid-levels providers,
and nursing personnel, as described in applicable local procedures.
Additionally, the clinician may see detainees who are in
locked/segregated status in their designated housing area or are
housed in segregation units.
9. Administers or directs administration of both curative and
10. Prescribes medications (including narcotics and routine psycho
tropics), treatments, diets, and nursing care.
11. Renders emergency medical/surgical/mental health services as
12. As the licensed provider, the incumbent provides clinical
oversight. It is the incumbent\'s responsibility to consult with
other health care providers to provide training and mentoring and
to be directly involved with the evaluation and treatment of
severely ill and medically complex patient care problems. Is
responsible for providing direct patient care.
13. Ensures that proper evaluations and treatments are carried out
and documented. Incumbent shall constantly monitor and evaluate the
quality of patient care, providing data to the departmental
Performance Improvement program, and other agencies or committees
14. The incumbent will be required to provide on-call medical duty
coverage as needed after regular work hours and may need to return
to the facility to provide medical care.
15. May be required to see patients on an interim basis who are not
in the category of his/her expertise.
16. May be called on to assist in the operation of other clinics,
upon the absence of the regularly assigned physician.
17. Assures proper maintenance of medical records, preparation of
reports, etc., as related to the area of responsibility. Makes
recommendations on matters of policy, procedures, training,
personnel, and equipment as related to specific area of
18. Participates actively in Health Services medical in-service
programs. Assists with training for mid-level practitioners,
nursing staff, support services personnel, and peer professional
19. As needed, works with and is assigned to various committees.
Flexible and able to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and work
requirements. Along with all other correctional institution
employees, incumbent is charged with responsibility for maintaining
security of the institution.
20. Follows supervisory chain of command.
21. Other duties as assigned.
This position is located at a National Health Services Corp (NHSC)
approved site. The NHCS offers loan repayment programs to primary
care provider in health professional shortage areas. For more
information on the loan repayment program, go to nhsc.hrsa.gov.
STG International, Inc. (STGi) is a dynamic government contracting
company dedicated to providing leading-edge Medical Staffing
services, Human Resource Services and System Solutions, Management
and Data Resources Consulting Services, and Professional and
Administrative Services to our government and military clientele.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STGi was founded in 1997 to
provide high quality management and technical services to federal
clients. As a woman-owned, minority-owned business, recruiting a
diverse corps of employees is important to us. We look for
individuals with talents both broad and focused and who are looking
to make a difference in our country - one patient at a time, one
solution at a time.
STGi offers an outstanding benefits package which includes Medical,
Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
STG International is an EEO compliant organization.
1. Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the
United States or
2. Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of
the applicant\'s graduation.
3. Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical
school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially
equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be
demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational
Commission for Foreign Medical.
4. Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans
who completed premedical education in the United States and
graduate education in a foreign country).
5. Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of
Osteopathy degree a candidate must have had at least 1 year of
supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical
setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency
program in an institution accredited for such training. For
purposes of this standard, graduate training programs include only
those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are
approved by AGCME or AOA accrediting bodies recognized within the
United States or Canada. Listings of accredited programs are
published yearly in the Directory of Residency Training Programs
and the Yearbook and Directory of Osteopathic Physicians.
6. Evidence of board eligibility/certification is required in an
appropriate primary care specialty (internal medicine, family
medicine, emergency medicine) by an ABMS or AOA approved board.
7. Board certified required.
8. Certification of American Heart Association Basic Life Support
for Healthcare Providers is required.
9. Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license
to practice medicine in the state where the facility is located.
The license must be maintained in a permanent, full, and
unrestricted status during the term of employment.
10. Continuing education requirements must be met as required for
licensing and board certification maintenance.
Reports to the Clinical Director or assigned supervisor.
Keyphrases: internal medicine jobs, internal emergency medicine
jobs, internal medicine specialist jobs, internal medicine critical
care jobs, internal medicine geriatrics jobs, internal medicine
pediatrics jobs, pediatric internal medicine jobs
Keywords: STG International Inc, Tacoma , Physician - Emergency/Family/Internal Medicine (7292), Healthcare , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!