Ultrasound Technologist - Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Tacoma, WA)
Posted on: August 4, 2022
PPX is recruiting an Ultrasound Technologist/Diagnostic Medical
Sonographer to provide mobile, high quality diagnostic ultrasound
scans for physician diagnosis, utilizing ultrasound equipment and
appropriate technical knowledge and skills. Scans are performed
primarily in non-hospital settings, such as in nursing homes,
correctional facilities and private residences. The Technologist
needs to be creative to position the patient's body to capture a
clear image for the radiologist to assess. This position reports to
the Director of Operations. -$3000 Sign on Bonus! -#RAD
- Provide high quality, diagnostic ultrasound images through the
operation and maintenance of equipment to ensure optimum clarity
for physician diagnosis and minimum discomfort to the client.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds regularly for purpose of moving
ultrasound equipment in and out of vehicle.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Interact with clients prior to and during ultrasound
procedures, using excellent communication/interpersonal/problem
solving skills, to reduce anxieties and/or fears.
- Ensure timely completion and transmission of studies to
- Maintain proper client schedules to ensure efficient
- Maintain supplies and equipment.
- Maintain vehicle in good running order; keeps the vehicle clean
and well stocked with necessary supplies; communicates with PPX
main dispatch office about schedule and preparing appropriate
paperwork and image transmissions.
- Participate in ongoing QC/QA process.
- Monitor progression of orders from initial orders to completed
- Apply knowledge of growth and development in customer
interactions and adapt care according to client's age/developmental
stage. -Core CompetenciesCustomer Service
- Interact with clients in a warm and friendly way while taking
immediate action to meet their requests/needs.
- As needed, takes client orders and enters orders into
scheduling and medical records system.Safety
- Recognize safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking
assistance when needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of operational policies, procedures and
- Perform work safely, without causing harm or risk to self,
others or property.System Behavior
- Make a decision considering the impact of the decision on other
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the principles, values, and
ethics of PPX.
- Model accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and
learning from others.Interpersonal/Communication/Relationships
- Build effective working relationships and foster good
- Express appreciation to others for their work.
- Treat others with respect.Leadership
- Facilitate and support change within PPX
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning -
- Demonstrate and apply continuous quality improvement knowledge
and skillsInformation Management
- Demonstrate skill in assessing, preparing and using information
as relevant to position. -
- Verbalize and demonstrate knowledge of procedures for
maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee,
client, family and other medical information. -
- Demonstrate ability to collect, analyze and present data as
appropriate to position. -Equipment
- Correctly operate equipment according to accepted standards and
- Diagnose equipment problems. Fix or seek out someone to fix.
- Consistently inform appropriate person about problems
encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment. -
- Graduate of an accredited program in Sonography. -
- RDMS (AB or OB/GYN) and RVT registries.
- Proficient in abdominal/small parts and vascular studies.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record. -Professional
Portable X-Ray, Inc. (PPX), a service line of DispatchHealth,
provides state-of-the-art mobile x-rays and other diagnostic
imaging services to thousands of patients in multiple states . We
take pride in providing excellent patient care outside of the
traditional hospital or clinic setting. Taking the time to listen
to the needs of our patients, we always look for innovative ways to
improve patient care, reduce costs and improve quality. PPX is
proud to partner with DispatchHealth, a Denver based company, to
expand our services across the United States and build the world's
largest in-home care system to achieve the mission of delivering
trusted and compassionate care to all.Get to know us! Watch the
video below to hear from healthcare professionals on what it's like
to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on , and to learn
more.Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job;
however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated
with the job. -
Keywords: DispatchHealth, Tacoma , Ultrasound Technologist - Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Tacoma, WA), Healthcare , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!