Registered Nurse (RN) - Tacoma
Company: TRA Medical Imaging
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionPay: $38.30 - $64.57 per hourWe are currently
offering up to $5,000 as a Sign-on Bonus!Job Summary:The Registered
Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, coordinating,
evaluating, and delegating the delivery of patient care. The RN is
directly accountable and responsible for the quality of care
provided to patients and has the authority to direct care, provide
education, seek resources at the department level, and delegate
appropriate tasks. The RN, using specialized knowledge, can perform
the activities of administration, supervision, delegation and
evaluation of nursing practice. This position requires substantial
specialized knowledge, judgment and skill, based upon the
principles of biological, physiological, behavioral and
sociological sciences, and requires critical thinking skills in
making decisions regarding patient care, which includes knowledge
and integration of relevant standards, resources and data. The RN
has continuous contact with physicians, patients, patient
families/significant others, community agencies, patient care
staff, and management. Essential Job Functions:Identify
- Explain procedural process (who, what, why, & how long of the
procedure).This can be started as a pre procedure phone call prior
to the day of the exam.
- Inform families of waiting areas
- Update families of procedural progress, causes of delays
- Use of sedation and recovery process.
- Assess patient's level of understanding
- Make sure arrangements have been made for interpreter, if
needed, to enhance understanding.
- Modify teaching technique to accomplish patient
- Maintain patient privacy and ensure safety measures are in
- Radiation safety (gonadal shielding).
- Safety devices in place if needed (safety belt, arm
- Pull blinds when necessary, doors closed, required personnel
- Arrange for follow up procedural care or agency notification,
when indicated.Nursing Process
- Initiate physician order (sign & hold) and ensure H&P
received from referring physician 1-2 days prior to procedure.
- Review patient record for:
- Reason for procedure and physician order
- Age specific criteria identified (Adult through
- Ensure patient preparation completed (IV, NPO, Antibiotics
given, premed given, Glucophage and blood thinners held.)
- Lab values (specifically CBC, PT, PTT, BUN, and
- Knowledge of premed regime for prior contrast reaction.
- Allergies, prior contrast reaction.
- Current H & P, clinical notes (including current
- Informed consent signed and witnessed.
- Prepare patient for procedure
- Assess pain level and need for anxiolysis.
- Ensure O2 set up and available, suction equipment, emergency
- Begin documentation process.
- Attach monitors and record baseline VS.
- Patent and running IV.
- Assist with patient prep and draping for sterile field, tray
and supplies opened and ready for procedure
- Provide procedural sedation according to TRA sedation P&P
- Assist Physician with procedure when appropriate
- Knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Able to identify contrast reaction and initiate appropriate
- Knowledge of procedure (purpose, possible complications).
- Basic knowledge of equipment, i.e. wires, catheters, inflation
- Initiate post procedure care/recovery
- Stabilize patient (ensure hemostasis, stable VS, LOC).
- Ready patient for transport and assist with transport, if
needed, to outlying hospitals.
- Complete documentation.
- Assess patient's sedation level for further recovery
- Communication / Professional Behavior
- Fosters Teamwork with medical, technical and ancillary
personnel throughout Imaging Services.
- Maintains openness with communication and ability to be
flexible in response to changing work assignments and work
- Approaches work environment with enthusiasm, sense of humor and
- Develop an understanding of Imaging Modalities, (CT, MRI, US,
XRAY, PET and Nuc. Med.)
- Locate and check emergency equipment and crash cart in the
pre/post procedure area.
- Assessment & Analysis
- Initiates data collection and analysis that includes pertinent
objective and subjective data, regarding the health status of the
- Accepts responsibility for ongoing patient assessment,
including assimilation of data gathered from other members of the
health care team.
- Nursing Diagnosis & Problem Identification
- Uses patient data and nursing scientific principles to develop
nursing diagnosis and to identify patient problems, in order to
deliver effective nursing care.
- Plans nursing care which will assist patients and families with
restoring health and wellness, or supporting a dignified
- Implements the plan of care by initiating nursing intervention
through giving direct care, and supervising other members of the
- Evaluates the responses of individuals to nursing intervention
and is responsible for the analysis and modification of the nursing
care plans, consistent with intended care outcomes.
- Delegation & Supervision
- Accepts accountability for patients receiving nursing service.
- Delegates selected nursing functions to others, in accordance
with their education, credentials, and demonstrated
- Supervises others to whom he/she has delegated nursing
- Evaluates the outcomes of care provided by licensed and other
- Health Teaching
- Assesses learning needs, including learning readiness for
patients and families, develops plans to meet those learning needs,
implements the teaching plan and evaluates the outcome.
- Other Accountabilities
- Communicates significant changes in the patient's status to
appropriate members of the health care team, in a time period
consistent with the patient's need for care.
- Documents on essential patient records, the nursing care given,
and the patient's response to that care.
- Acts as patient advocate in health maintenance and clinical
- Contributes to the success of the organization by meeting
organizational competency expectations, continuously learning, and
by performing other duties as needed or assigned.
- Check work e-mail daily. Qualifications:Education/Work
- A minimum of three years' Critical Care experience and/or three
years' Interventional Radiology experience.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse required.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of
- ACLS certification, as required by facility or department.
- Certification in specialty area preferred.
- Current BLS certification required Job Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of disease entities commonly seen
within Interventional Radiology.
- Patient Assessment and Care - Knowledge of, and ability to,
assess ailments and injuries of patients and implement a treatment
- Knowledge and understanding of age related care needs for
pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients and/or families.
- Clinical Policies and Standards - Knowledge of, and ability to
use, industry standards, policies and procedures relevant to
function and organization.
- Patient Rights - Knowledge of principles and practices
associated with the rights and responsibilities of patients and
- Health Information Documentation - Knowledge of the relevance
of health information and appropriate documentation methods;
ability to record medical histories, symptoms, vital signs,
medications, diagnoses, treatment plans, procedures, tests, and
medical results, in written or electronic format. Healthcare
Knowledge - Knowledge of the operating principles, major issues,
governmental regulations, and code of ethics for the healthcare
industry; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to
healthcare related situations. Skill in organization of work
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Communicate professionally with other medical facilities,
patients, and customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and carry out instructions
effectively. Physical RequirementsWork is classified as moderate in
physical requirements. Must be able to assist in supporting
patients of varying weight. Ability to stand, walk or sit for
extended periods of time. Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s)
in any direction. Also requires manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other
office equipment as necessary.Mental RequirementsWork requires high
attention to detail and the ability to handle mentally stressful
situations. The ability to maintain high level of sensitivity
towards confidential information is also
required.Working/Environmental ConditionsWork environment consists
of normal office or administrative working conditions. There may be
exposure to communicable diseases. There will be limited exposure
to ionizing radiation. The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification. They are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may
be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Keywords: TRA Medical Imaging, Tacoma , Registered Nurse (RN) - Tacoma, Healthcare , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!