Clinic I RN
Company: Franciscan Medical Group
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Up to a $5,000 Sign on Bonus for qualifying new external Clinic
- Lump sum payment within 30 days of start date
- 2 year commitment
- Bonus amount prorated by FTE (min 0.6 FTE required)
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the
future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That
means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to
home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly
specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs
with convenient access to the region's most prestigious experts and
innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children,
pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Adoption Assistance
- Commute Trip Reduction Program - Earn cash back for
- Wellness Program
Franciscan Medical Group, a part of Virginia Mason Franciscan
Health, is currently seeking a full time Clinic I Registered Nurse
for our Franciscan Women's Health Associates in Tacoma, WA.
Registered Nurse needed in OB/GYN clinic with our AWESOME St. Joe's
team. This RN will utilize critical thinking to provide triage
support, provide education, perform NSTs, administer injections,
follow up on health screenings and provide overall support to busy
clinic. Free parking on-site! 10 hour shifts and no weekends or
organizationally recognized holidays required!
Job Summary:This job is responsible for providing professional
nursing services which focus on the provision of quality patient
care in a clinic setting consistent with Virginia Mason Franciscan
Health standards/values, applicable regulatory requirements an
Franciscan Medical Group (FMG) Scope of Practice policy. An
incumbent is engaged in direct care of clinic patients, including
assessing, coordinating, triaging, evaluating and delegating work
to members of the patient care team, and for providing education
and consultation with patients, families, physicians and other
staff members in implementing appropriate nursing interventions for
optimal patient care.Work is performed under standards of safety
and care that provide instruction/guidance for taking care of
issues and patient needs in the absence of a physician/provider.
Work requires the application of judgment and critical thinking
skills in making decisions regarding patient care (within the scope
of practice), including knowledge and integration of available
standards, resources and data, and in the efficient utilization of
staff/resources. Work involves continuous contact with
physicians/providers, patients, patient families, community
agencies, patient care staff and management. An incumbent is
accountable for the quality of care provided to patients, and has
the authority to direct care, provide education, and delegate
appropriate tasks.If assigned to the centralized FMG Float Pool, an
incumbent provides patient care services within scope of practice
to the assigned clinic/work unit as needed to meeting staffing
- RN-Clinic Specialty title applies only to employees assigned to
the VM OB Clinic.
- Delivers professional nursing care to clinic patients; performs
diagnostic testing and related clinical procedures to appropriate
level of training/scope of licensure and established procedures;
independently triages nursing situations in accordance with
standing orders/protocols; addresses more complex, urgent or
emergent situations escalated from other clinic staff.
- Administers patient medications per written provider order;
tracks and logs medication usage per established policies;
inventories counts of controlled substances.
- Assists with point of care testing (CLIA-Waived Tests only)/lab
tests following established protocols/instructions.
- Documents procedures and interactions in patient's electronic
medical record in accordance with established procedures; enters,
pends and signs orders as appropriate.
- Prepares patients for practitioner visit; rooms patients,
obtains and records vital signs and other appropriate information,
such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and
presenting problem; chaperones and documents the patient exam,
ensuring patient privacy and comfort.
- Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep and
re-stocking of supplies; prepares, cleans and sterilizes
instruments and maintains related equipment.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of
communication tools/materials for/effective communication and
understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can
affectcommunication, collaboration and the provision of care,
treatment and services. Patient Population Served:Demonstrates
knowledge and proper skills associated with the department's
defined specific populations served.Performs related duties as
Education/ Work Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing approved by the
Washington State Board of Nursing.
- One year RN work experience in a clinic setting OR two years of
acute care RN work experience preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Washington State
Board of Nursing.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
- If assigned to the Float Pool, current driver's license and
ability to drive to assigned location(s).#MISSIONCRITICAL
Keywords: Franciscan Medical Group, Tacoma , Clinic I RN, Healthcare , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!