Company: Discovery Health MD
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionWho are we?Our story began in 2017, at the docks
and aboard the vessels of Washington states beloved maritime
companies where our founders, Dr. Ray and Ann Jarris, were
approached by numerous vessel operators requesting our unique
insight and medical expertise. It was here that Discovery Health MD
found our stride thru the provision of expert medical advice and
creative solutions for the challenging logistics of remote workers.
We ferry our founders passion for disrupting norms by changing the
paradigm for delivering care in remote environments, then pushed
beyond these roles and went even further during the pandemic by
expanding our efforts into COVID-19 testing and vaccinations to
help protect not only our maritime community but our surrounding
communities in which we live and operate.Why work for us?At
Discovery Health MD, everything we do is focused on the betterment
of our community, and that attitude is reflected in the people that
you'll meet and surround yourself with daily. Our greatest strength
is our loyal and passionate employees, and we take great pride in
their devotion to helping their community and supporting each other
with grace, compassion and a healthy dose of humor. If you're
looking for an innovative environment, come join us, we welcome you
with open arms!The RoleWe are looking for an organized and
compassionate certified medical assistant to greet and collect
personal information from patients while COVID testing is being
conducted. The Certified Medical Assistant is also responsible for
taking collecting lab samples. Certified Medical Assistants work in
testing facilities, performing administrative tasks, and providing
some medical information. To be successful as a certified medical
assistant you must have excellent interpersonal skills and
attention to detail and can multitask in stressful
- Administer COVID-19 testing at dedicated testing site.
- Participates and completes all daily assignments proficiently,
punctually, and in accordance with the directives of the Operations
Manager per client site.
- Provides and assists with on-site specimen collection.
- Test-site maintenance, including setup and cleanup of testing
- Adheres to policies and procedures of Discovery Health MD,
including the operations Standard Operating Procedures and Medical
- Ethical understanding of patient processes, confidentiality,
and personal health information data management.
- Maintains medical equipment and supplies in accordance with
- Collaborates with on-site administrators to ensure Quality
- Ability to intake multiple pieces of information from multiple
sources, prioritize and in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
communicate to all appropriate stakeholders.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.Knowledge, Skills, and
- Must be credential as Certified Medical Assistant in the State
- Basic assessment skills and knowledge of anatomy.
- Strict Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements will be
adhered to by the company and are expected of the provider
fulfilling this position.
- Ability to prioritize needs and plan work assignments
- Ability to work with patients, significant others, and family
members from diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working
relationships with others.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time without sitting
in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to work outdoors, understanding that we work through
inclement conditions as safety permits.
- Ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written English,
additional languages are beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with
individuals of various ages, cultures, socioeconomic backgrounds,
- Clean nationwide criminal background check and driving record
- Ability and aptitude with Microsoft Office 365 and other
technology necessary for successful day-to-day functioning in a
business environment.Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Mental Requirements Ability to reason logically and make sound
decisions, to consider alternative and diverse perspectives, to
communicate effectively both orally and in writing, to reman poised
under all circumstances, and to interact effectively with people in
a positive manner that creates confidence and trust.
- Work Environment/Physical Requirements Long periods of sitting,
walking to various work areas, going up and down stairs, working on
a computer, talking on the phone, working with office/computer
equipment, attending meetings, and sitting at desk or table while
listening, talking, and taking notes. Frequently required to lift
objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Required to work outdoors in all
types of weather. BenefitsStarting at $30 an hourFLSA Status:
Non-ExemptIn addition to competitive pay, Discovery Health MD
offers a full spectrum of benefits including:Location in Ocean
Shores with a sign-on bonus of $1200 and includes mileage
- A Health Insurance Provider with 8 various plans suited to fit
your individual needs. 5 of which are a zero monthly premium to our
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts and Healthcare Flex
- Paid Time Off
- Meaningful professional growth opportunities and career
- Formal training with leadership and skill-building courses
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k OptionAs of August 2021, Discovery Health MD staff are
required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as indicated by
the CDC (Centers for Disease Control). If hired, you will be
required to submit proof of vaccination on the first day of hire.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our
online application system as a result of a disability, you may
request an accommodation by contacting the People & Equity
department at HR@discoveryhealthmd.com.Discovery Health MD complies
with applicable State & Federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate on the basis of creed, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religion,
citizenship or immigration status, honorably discharged veteran or
military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or
physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service
animal by a person with a disability.
Keywords: Discovery Health MD, Tacoma , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Aberdeen, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!