RN Residency Program - Multiple Specialties (February 2022)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Providence is calling for a Registered Nurse Resident (RN) to
work at Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.Our
Residency Program transitions new graduate nurses into practice
emphasizing inter-professional, collaborative and patient-centered
care. Our comprehensive specialty curriculum includes online and
classroom based learning, clinical simulation, skills development
and unit orientation with specialty trained preceptors. The
Residency Program is designed to support our residents professional
development through their first year of practice.We offer career
tracks in specialized areas of care, giving resident the ability to
focus on areas that match their interests and career goals. There
is only one application to complete; during the application process
candidates will be able to designate their area of interest
(unit).$15,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates who
meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the
fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence
that begin on your first day of employment.This is a 0.9 FTE (36
hours per week), variable shift position.February 28, 2022 RN
- Progressive Care Unit
- Emergency Department
- Labor & DeliveryApplication Process:
- Apply: Be sure to upload your resume and cover letter to your
application. Awards, honors and letters of recommendation are
optional. Applications are accepted prior to receiving your RN
license and/or graduating. We also accept applications from RN's
that have experience outside of a hospital setting.
- Phone Interview: Qualified applicants will receive an email
invitation to schedule a phone interview with Talent
- Video Interview: Select candidates will be contacted to
schedule a video interview with a hiring manager and peer interview
team. Interviews will begin in November.
- Offer: Successful candidates will be contacted by Talent
Acquisition with an offer of employment.
- Post-Offer: Candidates who have accepted an offer must complete
a background check, drug screen, license and cert verifications,
education verification and in-person health screen.
- Start Date: RN residents must start this cohort on February 28
th* . Residents complete training on the unit hired to and
typically continue working on the same unit after the training is
complete. Most residents are assigned to 12 hour night shifts.
- Please note: The Residency Program is an intense program and
personal time off during the orientation period (estimated 12-20
weeks) cannot be accommodated outside of normally scheduled days
off.In this position you will:
- Work with a preceptor and assume increasing responsibility
during the residency.
- Demonstrate competencies in populations served at the
completion of residency.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care
to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care in care
planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights and beliefs of
those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patients/families, nursing
and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for
safety. Identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture
of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and
evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and
collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional
care team to integrate nursing knowledge.Qualifications:Required
qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing within 3 years of hire
- Completed a pre-licensure nursing program
- Active Washington state RN license by start date
- Current Basic Life Support card must be from the following
authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA),
American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon
- Willingness to commit to full-time employment for 2 years and
sign employment agreementPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)About the hospital you will
serve.Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a
127-bed, not-for-profit teaching hospital providing emergency,
diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently
receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint
Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the
Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).We offer
comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more
MissionAs expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the
ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially
those who are poor and vulnerable.About UsProvidence is a
comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers,
health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services
continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and
vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age,
creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Full-timeShift: VariableJob Category: RN ResidentLocation:
Washington-CentraliaReq ID: 329810
Keywords: Providence, Tacoma , RN Residency Program - Multiple Specialties (February 2022), Healthcare , Centralia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!