Licensed Practical Nurse/ Licensed Vocational Nurse
Company: STG International Inc
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Clinical Care Specialist/Staff Nurse opening in Tacoma,
Washington. This and other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by
NursingJobCafe.com STG International is accepting resumes of
qualified candidates for the LPN/LVN position to work full-time
providing medical care to detainees in custody in support of ICE
Health Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Medical Facility. MISSION:IHSC's mission is to provide medical care
to maintain the health of individuals in the custody of ICE through
an integrated health care delivery system, based on nationally
recognized correctional, detention and residential health care
standards. The Agency is committed to providing healthcare services
to protect the nation's health, reduce global disease and provide
medical support for the law enforcement mission of the safe
apprehension, enforcement and removal of detained individuals
involved in immigration proceedings. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of
Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted
practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and or granted
- Provides treatment of persons throughout the life span as
appropriate to discipline and facility setting.
- May be expected to respond to and or coordinate response to
- Evaluates health care needs of residents and assists RN in the
development of nursing care plans to meet those needs.
- Assists with gathering resident data during sick call and
- Obtains medical information on residents using pre-established
questionnaire and appropriately refers abnormal findings or
responses or stated medical problems to the RN, midlevel provider
- Maintains safety when dispensing medications and is continually
cognizant of the potential hazards of drug hoarding and trafficking
- Provide patient/resident education as appropriate.
- May coordinate health care needs of residents with healthcare
team and referrals to off-site providers as appropriate for
- Assures a safe and clean working environment at all times.
Participates as member of health care team to ensure that needed
equipment, supplies and logs are available, clean, functional and
up to date.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered/recommended
in accordance with scope of practice and state licensure.
- Must adhere to practical nursing principals, procedures and
techniques for appropriate patient care and take direction from
Must adhere to medication administration guidelines, understand
pharmaceutical agents and their desired effect recognize adverse
effects and take appropriate corrective measures.
- Must appropriately document patient/resident encounters
according to current standards of care using electronic health
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not
- Graduate from an approved, accredited Vocational/Practical
Nurse program located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a
U.S. territory. Degree issuing institution and or program must be
accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S. Department of
- Must have a minimum of one year experience in a hospital,
medical office or outpatient clinical setting.
- Maintain current, active and unrestricted LVN/LPN license by
the state of Washington.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through
the American Heart Association. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Ability and proficiency to properly use equipment, materials
and supplies in simple diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual
- Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services
to complete assigned duties if not fluent in a language the patient
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility
in work requirements.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and
written) in order to develop positive rapport with patients,
co-workers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including
electronic health records, web based training and
- Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft
Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the
confidentiality of patient medical records and information as well
as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes
and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes,
where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging
detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may
require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs
significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of
aides if necessary (exceptions on a case by case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must perform the duties in a stressful and often austere
environment without physical limitations.
- Must be capable of standing on hard services (cement floors)
for long periods of time. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS:
- The Department of Homeland Security's Personnel Security Unit
(PSU) must render a Preliminary Favorable Fitness Determination to
be considered a qualified candidate.
- A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by
PSU upon completion of initial and subsequent background
investigations to meet the requirements of this position. STG
International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company
providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and
management consulting services and human capital solutions help our
clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and
enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission. STGi
offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical,
Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. Keyphrases:
clinical nurse specialist jobs, clinical specialist jobs, nursing
jobs, nurse jobs, clinical service specialist jobs, nursing
specialist jobs, patient care specialist jobs, certified nursing
jobs, clinical nursing jobs, patient service jobs, patient service
specialist jobs, staff nurse jobs, clinical care specialist jobs,
clinical nursing specialist jobs, staff nursing jobs
Keywords: STG International Inc, Tacoma , Licensed Practical Nurse/ Licensed Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!