Charge Nurse SADU
Company: St Joseph Hospital
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more
than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals
to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy
communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and
innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our
hospitals and out in the community.
About Us: As the flagship hospital of CHI Franciscan Health, St.
Joseph Medical Center continues to be the regional leader in the
use of advanced medical technologies and therapies. The 361-bed
regional medical center is a level II trauma center with a robust
cardiac surgery program that has recently received Three Star
Awards for our thoracic and cardiac programs. Our main OR suite
includes 10 operating rooms (two are cardiac) and an additional 9
operating rooms at the adjacent Walters Day Surgery Center. We also
have two operating rooms at an ambulatory surgery center in nearby
Gig Harbor. Combined, we perform over 16,500 cases per year,
including trauma, cardiothoracic, vascular, general, neurosurgery,
orthopedics, urology, spine, ENT, gynecology. We provide 24/7
staffing in the main OR. Our Surgical Services Leadership team
includes a Director, 3 Perioperative Clinical Managers, 2
Perianesthesia Clinical managers, a Sterile Processing Manager and
an RN Educator. Combined, these leaders have over 100 years of
nursing and leadership experience and they truly enjoy mentoring
and developing staff members. Orientation for new OR RNs includes a
formal six-month long OR residency. We offer two residencies per
What We Have To Offer:
- Join a high-volume program that will allow rapid knowledge
gains including minimal access mitral surgery, aortic arch and
hybrid procedures, and TAVR.
- Over 600 open heart/TAVR procedures performed annually.
- Join a stable team with three experienced cardiac surgeons,
dedicated Cardiac Anesthesia, and a patient-centered team approach
that puts the patient first and respects the contributions of all
- Join a team that enjoys the support and stability of one of the
largest healthcare organizations in the country, Common Spirit
Health, which helps provide resources and economies of scale during
these uncertain times.
- Faith-based culture with commitment to our Core Values of
Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence where we value
positive team players
- Shared governance model with a very engaged Unit Based
- Collaborative scheduling
- 8, 10 and 12-hour shift options
- Limited call
- Financial support for CNOR certification
- Tuition assistance for advanced degrees
- Opportunities for career growth within the growing and highly
successful CHI Franciscan Health system
- Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits
- On-site fitness center available 24/7
Responsibilities Serves as a leader and clinical resource to staff
under the direction of nursing leadership. Collaborates with the
primary RN or team leader to ensure the planning and delivery of
quality patient care in partnership with physician,
interdisciplinary team and patient/family. Acts as a role model,
demonstrating technical/clinical competence consistent with the
needs of staff and the patient population served. Assists staff
with problem solving and decision making.
- Oversees clinical operations to include: coordination of
assignments, delegation of tasks, provision of clinical care,
patient placement, unit and patient flow.
- Aligns staffing with productivity-based Staffing Matrix to
include requesting resources based on patient need and flexing
staff based on census and workload fluctuations.
- Prepares assignments considering patient acuity and staff skill
mix/competency; ensures timely posting of Staffing Plan; assigns
and/or ensures staff are provided with rest and meal breaks.
- Monitors and oversees Sitter usage in assigned area.
- Serves as the first point of contact in the department chain of
command during the shift for staff's clinical needs, investigation
of complaints, service recovery and completion of incident reports;
ensures management is apprised of concerns and incidents.
- Coordinates care, collaborating and communicating effectively
with the inter-disciplinary team.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of quality and
SafetyFirst-related initiatives and requirements.
- Serves as mentor to develop and coach orientees and experienced
staff; demonstrates skill in conflict management.
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of staff
competency; provides objective feedback to assist with staff
performance throughout the review cycle.
- Assists with monitoring of regulatory and auditing
- Two years of experience in the clinical specialty within the
last three years preferred.
- Prefer previous charge nurse experience.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the
Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare BLS
- Specialty certification preferred.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify. Associated topics:
cardiothoracic, domiciliary, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse
rn, psychiatric, registed, registered nurse, surgical, tcu
Keywords: St Joseph Hospital, Tacoma , Charge Nurse SADU, Healthcare , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!