Clinic LPN - Primary Care
Company: Franciscan Medical Group
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more
than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals
to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy
communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and
innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our
hospitals and out in the community.
Franciscan Medical Group is currently seeking a full time Clinic
LPN for our Franciscan Medical Clinic at our Pearl Street Primary
Care Clinic. This position is Monday through Friday with no
weekends, nights or oganizationally recognized holidays
- Provides care and support to patients under the direction of
the physician and/or mid-level provider. Contributes to the
planning and delivery of patient focused care.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greet and prepare patients for practitioner. Provide patient
mobility assistance, as necessary. Obtain and record vital signs
and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug
allergies, current medications and presenting problem.
- Screens, communicates and responds to patient needs
appropriately.Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for patient
and family education.
- Assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to
appropriate level of training and established procedures to include
IV starts and blood draws with appropriate certification. Ensure
patient privacy and comfort during the exam; instruct patients in
the collection of samples and other tests. Ensure that patient or
family understands follow-up and referral information.
- Document procedures and interactions in patient's medical
Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment;
keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated
items according to Franciscan Medical Group Exposure Control Plan;
anticipate Practitioner's needs for medications, supplies and
equipment and plan accordingly.
- Actively participate in continuing education, meetings, and
participates with committees as requested. Participants in
professional development activities and maintains professional
- Under supervision of the practitioner, inform patients of lab
results, call in prescriptions to pharmacies and return
practitioners' phone messages. Respond to patient telephone call
using approved protocols, ensuring documentation of phone call
- Under supervision of practitioner or nurse supervisor,
administer approved medications via oral, subcutaneous,
intramuscular or intradermal routes.
- Exhibits and adheres to CHI Franciscan Health's Core Values of
Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Successful completion of an accredited school of practical
nursing approved by the WA State Board of Nursing required
- Within three- (3) years, one- (1) year of practical nursing
experience in a clinic setting or two- (2) years of acute hospital
nursing experience preferred.
- WA State Board of Nursing license required.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Associated topics: advanced practice registered nurse, assessments,
bsn, clinic, cna, crna, neighborcare, nurse practitioner, nurse
specialist, physician assistant
Keywords: Franciscan Medical Group, Tacoma , Clinic LPN - Primary Care, Healthcare , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!