Director of Accounting_512649-620495
Company: Evergreen Fire and Safety
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Who We Are
Evergreen Fire and Security is a recognized leader in the life safety and security solutions industry. We are entrusted by the Federal Government and commercial customers to protect lives, critical infrastructure, and information by providing and maintaining technically advanced and innovative fire alarm, access control, intrusion detection, CCTV, mass notification, and other critical protection systems.
The Key to Our Success
Our success is due in large part to the experience, skills, and expertise of the best and brightest employees in the industry. Think you have what it takes* Great! We welcome you to submit your qualifications for this great career opportunity at Evergreen Fire and Security.
This opportunity as a Senior Manager of Accounting, in Tacoma, Washington is great for a Senior Accountant with strong leadership skills! This position oversees allfunctionsof the accounting and IT teams, including butnotlimitedtocontract administration,reviewandriskmanagement, receivables,general ledger,financialstatements, jobcosting,taxes,reporting, accountreconciliation,andsupervisingaccountsstaff.
* Hires, supervises, coaches, develops, and prioritizes the work flow for the Accounting and IT teams; * Coordinates and prepares internal and external monthly financial reports; * Assists and prepares documents and reports for annual financial audits; * Supervises year-end audits with all Company Auditors; * Guides the development of a financial strategy to include revenues, profit maximization, cash flow, cost reduction, and taxes; * Retains competent accounting and IT staff by effectively managing and mentoring employees; * Evaluates the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database as needed; * Oversees regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance; * Manages the budget process and advises the owners of any liabilities; * Manages applicable treasury management and reporting; * Ensures accuracy in reconciliations to include bank accounts, taxes, sales, liability expenses, vendor accounts, complex ledger accounts, contract information, and job costing; * Maintains financial activities including journal entries; * Manages accounting and reviews contracts related to Accounting and IT to ensure accuracy and compliance; * Participates with leadership and strategic planning; * Assesses current accounting operations and recommends appropriate accounting safe-guards , processes, and tracking controls; * Administers the revenue and cost structures to ensure effective financial and business recommendation ; * Leads the implementations of financial policies, new GAAP requirements, and business tax updates; * Provides management with information vital to the decision making process; * Identifies and investigates variances ; * Develops, modifies, reviews, and implements accounting routines, procedures, and controls to assist internal control testing with Auditors; * Responsible for all capital and expense resolutions; * Administers federal, state, and municipal filings; * Manages independent contractor files and processes 1099 forms; * Develops and monitors business performance metrics; * Ensures costs incurred are properly accumulated within contract accounting, * Timely and accurately applies cash receipts against AIR subsidiary ledger. Charges- back unauthorized deductions and collects payments; * Provides customer service and care as needed; * Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Valid state driver s license * MA or BA with 2+ additional years of experience or 6+ additional years of experience * Strong analytical, problem solving, and time management skills * Experience using accounting software systems * Proves abilities administering and reporting accurate and current accounting information and potential risk assessments * Advances knowledge using Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook * Strong knowledge of federal and state accounting practices and rules * Understanding of all aspects of fund control including safeguards and tracking controls * Strong oral and written communication skills * Ability to pass pre-employment screenings (drug, background, and driving history)
Great to Have
* Public accounting experience is strongly preferred * 4 relevant certifications
* Competitive pay * Paid Time Off (PTO) * Paid holidays * Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
* Up to 4% match available * 100% vested from day one
* Healthcare flexible spending accounts * Dependent care flexible spending accounts * Employee Assistance Program (EAP) * Company sponsored group term life insurance * Corporate perks program
Opportunities to participate in voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, voluntary life insurance, disability insurance, long term care, hospital indemnity insurance, critical illness insurance, legal services, identity theft protection, and accident insurance
We also offer opportunities for training and advancement in a fast-paced, inclusive, and rewarding working environment. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, or at www.evergreenfire.com.
Evergreen Fire and Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Keywords: Evergreen Fire and Safety, Tacoma , Director of Accounting_512649-620495, Executive , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!