Company: Infoblox Inc.
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Infoblox is looking for a Revenue Manager to join our finance team. The Revenue Manager reports to the Director of Revenue and has responsibility for operational and technical accounting aspects of the Company s revenue streams, which include product, maintenance, subscription, SaaS, consulting and training revenues.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a lean and nimble team at a growing company. The revenue team prides itself in cultivating an environment that encourages collaboration through communication. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of revenue accounting systems, processes and best practices along with a thorough knowledge of revenue accounting technical requirements, including expertise in accounting for revenue transactions under current accounting standards (ASC 985-605 and ASC 605-25) along with good understanding of new accounting requirements under ASC 606. The candidate must be detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills, and be very hands-on.
* Own the revenue cycle including review of contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with current and emerging accounting pronouncements
* Responsible for the monthly revenue close, which includes review of transaction processing, preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations and analyses of revenue and deferred revenue
* Develop a thorough understanding of the Company s products and services, revenue streams and distribution channels
* Establish strong working relationships with key contacts in other departments including Sales, Product Management, Sales Operations, Legal and IT
* Lead continuous review and improvement of revenue systems and business processes including specific projects related to ERP and revenue subledger upgrade
* Proactively research technical revenue issues and respond to revenue questions related to new or non-standard contract terms, product/service offerings and marketing programs and document conclusions via technical revenue accounting memos
* Prepare management reports including revenue analysis and metrics
* Assist with development of new models and reports to support revenue forecasting function
* Manage processes to measure and maintain global VSOE and BESP compliance
* Review customer arrangements and external communications for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
* Prepare audit and quarterly review schedules
* Ensure financial systems are appropriate for tasks performed and are developed, tested and implemented appropriately
* 6+ years total Big-4 and industry (public company preferred) professional experience, including minimum 2 years experience in a managerial capacity from Big-4
* Revenue recognition experience and technical expertise in accounting for both software transactions under ASC 985-605 and non-software transactions under ASC 605-25
* Good understanding of new accounting requirements under ASC 606 (experience of either reviewing or performing technical assessment under the new standard)
* Self-motivated life-time learner and technical leader
* Strong practical knowledge of general accounting practices and business processes
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment and comply with tight deadlines.Works with a sense of urgency and possesses self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position, not afraid to make decisions
* Proficient in MS Excel. Experience with large ERP system and automated revenue recognition systems (Oracle and RevPro preferred)
* Excellent organization skills and the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks simultaneously
* Problem solver: Strong, hands-on analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation that is grounded in solid business judgement, able to work and think both tactically and strategically
* Communicative: Takes an "open source" attitude to quality assurance. Keeps others in the company informed and up to date on his or her priorities, current tasks and work completed. Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to all levels of the company and outside auditors
* Flexible and adaptable: Able to switch gears in high-stress situations and quickly learn new technologies and adopt new methodologies
* Attention to detail: Lives by the mantra of the devil is in the details and will take great pride in getting it right
* Accountability: A results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance
* Big 4 CPA/MBA desirable
Besides working alongside a world class finance team in a rapidly growing company, there are many other perks to working at Infoblox. Onsite massages and yoga, culture club, Wine Down Wednesday social events, unique modern-style work space, and many more perks! It s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team our future looks bright, and so will yours. To check out what it s like to be a Bloxer click
Infoblox is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D.
Keywords: Infoblox Inc., Tacoma , Revenue Manager, Executive , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!