Company: Basalite Building Products, LLC
Posted on: May 28, 2023
PABCO Roofing is looking for our next Plant Manager. This could
be you if you value building trusting, Meaningful Relationships,
are an expert in strategy and efficiency, with a background in
manufacturing. This is a demanding but fulfilling position in our
Asphalt Shingle plant located on The Port of Tacoma. Our
family-owned company values how we treat our employees and we
believe that it's the people we work with that make the mission
worth it. The Meaningful Relationships we build don't just stop at
the door, plant management for PABCO includes fostering connections
in our community with our vendors, contractors, and other
manufacturers in our network.
The mission is to create a quality asphalt shingle in the "best"
category out in the market. This is accomplished through learning
our process, making recommendations for capital projects, working
with plant leadership to create efficient processes in line with
our Continual Improvement Value, and growing your team as a
Here are the details, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Leads special projects such as plant improvements or
expansions, new product design, process changes and trend analysis
of production and quality.
- Participates in the overall strategic planning for the
- Provides overall direction and management of production of
finished products, process improvements and materials usage;
schedules overall monthly production to ensure the most efficient
utilization of facilities as related to inventory requirements;
establishes production plans for manufacturing ensuring operational
goals are met.
- Manages the plant operations, staff, facility and equipment;
recommends and may develop AFE's (Authorization for Fund
Expenditure) for the purchase of new or improved capital equipment;
establishes the priority of maintenance activity and recommends
maintenance materials to be used, methods of repair, preventive
maintenance programs and downtime scheduling; reviews physical
plant for unsafe conditions, deterioration and general plant
- May have significant responsibilities as it relates to raw
material negotiations and vendor relationships.
- May also have responsibilities as they relate to utility
scheduling and balancing; reviews PUC dockets and file docket
- Ensures that all health, safety and environmental programs are
in compliance; responsible for maintaining equipment and facilities
in accordance with company specifications for cleanliness and are
in compliance with environmental laws.
- Monitors quality control including customer relations, product
specifications and finish product quality; assists with production
complaints; interacts with the sales and marketing organization to
ensure customer satisfaction through quality products and
- Overall responsibility for operating efficiencies and
- Manages and reviews accounting procedures including annual
budget preparation and monthly financial and operations reporting;
participates in monthly accounting close and variance report
preparation; reviews monthly financial statements with top
- May have responsibility for approving payables, payroll, petty
- Abides by all safety rules set forth by company and government
regulatory agencies and ensure that hazardous conditions are
reported and corrected.
- All other tasks and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for the recruitment, performance, development,
promotion, and discipline of production employees. Assigns
objectives and conducts performance appraisals of direct reports.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or
- five (5) years related experience and/or training; or
- equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Ability to write complex reports, business correspondence and
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
boards of directors, and public groups. Math Ability:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables. Computer Skills:
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and other various
standard office machines and equipment necessary to complete
duties. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Talk and listen.
- Stand, walk, and sit.
- Bend at the waist.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Travel up to 10% required. Local Wages: Annual salary range of
$160k-$180k, this is an Exempt level position
PABCO Roofing Products is proud to offer the following benefits to
employees who meet eligibility requirements:
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing Retirement
- Opportunity for various discretionary bonuses
- Vacation accrual starts at two weeks
- Sick time accrued in accordance with State law
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
*Variables in stated pay may be attributed to education,
experience, regional location, minimum wages, and internal
promotions may include factors such as merit and seniority. We
practice equal opportunity employment and are a safety sensitive,
drug free workplace.
Keywords: Basalite Building Products, LLC, Tacoma , Plant Manager, Executive , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...