Food Service Director
Company: Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
OverviewWho We AreHealthcare Services Group (HCSG) is an
experienced partner managing housekeeping, laundry, dining, and
nutritional services within the healthcare market. For over 45
years, we have provided essential services to thousands of
healthcare communities across the country. As one of America's Most
Trustworthy Companies, we have been recognized for treating our
customers and employees fairly and pursuing excellence via an
ever-evolving and expanding focus on training and the development
of team members at every level.Our Company Purpose & ValuesOur
Purpose is Fostering Fulfillment In Communities.Our Values,
Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Passion & Perseverance (aka
Grit) influence our decisions and the actions that follow in and
out of the workplace. -Who You AreYou are driven, ambitious, have a
personal calling for serving people, and desire to positively
impact your community. You enjoy collaborating with others, aren't
afraid to roll up your sleeves, and go beyond to get the job done.
You have a passion and desire to deliver the highest customer and
resident experience every day. -What We OfferHCSG offers a
comprehensive array of benefits to support our associates and their
familys health and well-being. Our goal is to promote welfare and
health and enhance our associates' and their families' overall
quality of life.
- Benefits - FREE Telemedicine and Prescription Discount Program
along with an array of medical, dental, vision, and other
supplemental health plans. *Availability based on state.
- Training - We take the development and education of our
associates very seriously. Our promotions-from-within philosophy
opens the door to a stimulating and robust career with HCSG!
- Employee Assistance Programs - FREE access for employees and
their families for health, financial, and family services to
support our employees' welfare and mental and physical health.
- Employee Recognition Programs - We strive to recognize
employees who live out our Company Purpose and are committed to
#GoingBeyond for our Client, Resident, and Employee
- Going Beyond Assistance Fund - A 501(c)(3) nonprofit formed by
HCSG to serve as a charitable employer-sponsored disaster relief
organization to provide emergency, hardship, and disaster
assistance, to HCSG employees and their dependents or family
- Paid - Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - Investment opportunity available
to all eligible employees after two years of service.
- Nationwide Opportunities - Transfers are available Nationwide
-- great for active Military and Family!
Keeping You Safe
- The safety and health of our employees and that of the resident
communities that we serve are our Company's most significant
- Personal Protective Equipment - All employees will be provided
and required to wear appropriate PPE for all functions. -
- COVID-19 Vaccination - Employees will be required to comply
with all policies, as required by State, Local, and/or our
CustomersWhy HCSGAt HCSG, you will find an environment that is
fulfilling, collaborative, committed, stimulating, and structured
to help you succeed in serving our communities. We offer engaging
opportunities for every phase of one's career. HCSG is committed to
providing growth and leadership opportunities to see you
- Foodservice Director - - Manages the foodservice program in a
single site, provides leadership, support and guidance to ensure
that food quality standards, inventory levels, food safety
guidelines and customer service expectations are met, including
following facility menus, current applicable federal, state, and
local standards, in line with our established policies and
procedures to ensure that quality dining services are provided at
all times. -
- Reporting - Maintains records of income and expenditures, food,
supplies, personnel, and equipment in report format to be delivered
to HCSG and Facility management. -
- Training - Responsible for all training, quality control and
in-servicing staff to meet HCSG standards is an essential part of
the Managers responsibility and includes touring the kitchen
several times per day to assess work quality using QCIs for
documentation purposes. Must also be able to perform the essential
job functions of dietary aide, cook, and dishwasher positions to
train and assist when there are call-outs.
- Communication - Effectively communicate all directives from
client managers, building occupants, and administrators to HCSG
- Safety - Utilize protective gear in all appropriate functions.
Responsible for the safe and proper mixing and use of cleaning
solutions while adhering to all safety precautions. Reporting
equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor
in a timely fashion. Ensure the established standards, safety, and
quality guidelines are met. Follow infection control and universal
precautions policies and procedures to ensure that a sanitary
environment is achieved at all times. Follow proper reporting,
isolation, and handwashing procedures/techniques.
- Punctuality - Consistent attendance and punctual arrival.
Timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule.
Respond to the paging system in a timely and appropriate
- Customer Experience - Positively represents HCSG by following
instructions, being courteous, and cooperative with supervisor,
co-workers, and client staff.
- Resident Experience - Positive, pleasant, and tactful
interactions with residents, staff, and facility
- Demonstrate a positive attitude with the ability to follow oral
and written instructions, and perform routine, repetitive tasks
- After completing all appropriate training, utilize leadership
skills to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision and
do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.
- An associates degree or higher in food service management or
hospitality, course study including food service or restaurant
management from an accredited institution of higher learning is
- Specialized training in food service management and nutrition
- Certified Dietary Manager or Certified Food Service Manager
designation is required in accordance with CMS and/or State/County
- Two years of experience in quantity food production/service,
dining/nutrition, and personnel supervision experience are
- Basic computer skills with the ability to maintain records and
complete reports as required, including web-based reporting.
- May be required to complete an approved sanitation and safety
- ServSafe: Current ServSafe certification is required by State /
County law. - The time of publication of the job description
requires ServSafe Food Handler Certification in the following
States: - CA, FL, IL, OR, TX, UT, and WA. - County requirements are
in effect in the following States at publication: - AL, AZ, KS, MO,
MT, NE, NJ, NM, MV, NY, OK, VA and WV.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate
effectively with others.
- Must be able to be at work as scheduled and on time.
- Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policies, as required by
State, Local, and/or Customers.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a
maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended
- Must be able to perform routine, repetitive tasks
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in the service area.
HCSG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages employees
to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work for a
culturally inclusive team. We offer equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics,
ethnicity, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, political opinions or affiliations, veteran status,
or other legally protected classes. HCSG also complies with
applicable state and local laws and federal law requirements that
govern nondiscrimination in every location where we operate.
Keywords: Healthcare Services Group, Inc., Tacoma , Food Service Director, Executive , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!