Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Facility: NORTHWEST ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Pay: $85,000.00 annually
Bonus (if applicable):
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more)
will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized
workforce with options for you and your family including:
Paid time off Paid holidays 401(k)
401(k) matching Health Insurance Dental Insurance
Vision Insurance Life Insurance Flexible spending account
Health savings account Tuition Reimbursement Reduced tuition
Employee discount Employee assistance program Pet insurance
Disability Insurance Paid training Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only
those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll
receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the
industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous
government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified
correctional and community reentry services. From the development
of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management
services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release
reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO
offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver
enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the
inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are
integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It
is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO
Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three
pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial.
With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that
you will find all the resources you need here to be
This position is responsible for the overall management of the
transportation area for the facility including ensuring that all
transportation activities are coordinated and scheduled on a timely
basis, sufficient staff is available and ready to transport
detainees to various locations, and all operations are in
compliance with federal, state, and organization laws, rules, and
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the Transportation staffing plan is maintained
according to contract guidelines. Makes final recommendations of
new candidates to the Warden for approval. Reviews all employment
forms to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ensures and implements the policies and procedures related to
transportation of detainees throughout the area. Develops training
and mentoring opportunities to assist staff in carrying out their
work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides overall supervisory duties of the Transportation
Supervisors and indirect supervision to the Transportation Officers
assigned to the facility. Approves scheduling of Transportation
Officers. Approves performance improvement plans for staff as
needed. Approves disciplinary recommendations when Transportation
Officers do not follow the strict policies and procedures for
transporting detainees. Recommends additional disciplinary action
up to and including termination if Transportation Officers'
performance has not improved.
- Ensures the continual improvement the Transportation Officer's
knowledge and skills by facilitating training classes and material.
Approves refresher defensive driving courses to ensure
Transportation Officers are knowledgeable on current policies and
procedures. Promotes the Transportation area within and outside of
the facility to attract new employees are retain existing
- Manages the Transportation budget for the facility. Provides
analyses and recommendations for improvements of the area. Works
with and locates vehicle contractors in the area to ensure
mechanical needs are available for the facility. Manages
maintenance costs without jeopardizing safety components.
- Reviews maintenance service schedules and repairs of all
assigned vehicles. Ensures that all defects identified by the
Transportation Officer or an inspector are promptly repaired.
Ensures effective recordkeeping and scheduling of vehicle service
and inspection dates.
- Ensures that all roadside assistance is provided in a timely
basis including coordinating with federal, state, and local law
enforcement as required for assistance with transport and security
issues until additional transport units arrive.
- Ensures that all reports and investigations of accidents are
conducted and thoroughly written in a timely basis. Provides
additional investigations if necessary. Maintains a facility
accident report record of all vehicle incidents no matter how
- Participates in the facility's safety committee, and GTI safety
reviews of vehicle incidents.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and organization laws,
rules, and regulations. Provides subject matter expert knowledge on
the Department of Transportation's (DOT) compliance and regulation
- Attends outside meetings with organizational, federal, or state
- Maintains regulatory knowledge by attending at least eight
hours per year of transportation or regulatory topics related to
transportation activities. Creates networks with transportation
authorities to ensure the facility is knowledgeable on
- Performs other duties as assigned.Job Requirements
- High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- One (1) year experience in detainee and inmate transportation
with demonstrated experience in leading, directing, or supervising
the work of others.
- Obtain a minimum of a valid "Class B" (CDL) with a Passenger
(P) endorsement within six (6) months of appointment to
- Eighty (80) hours of verified and certified driver's training
from an approved company trainer and as defined by the U.S.
Department of Transportation within six (6) months of appointment
- A current driver's license with no preventable accidents,
suspensions for driving convictions, Driving While Intoxicated
(DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or more than two (2)
moving violations on any type of vehicle for the past three (3)
- Passing a company and Department of Transportation (DOT) drug
and alcohol test.
- Demonstrated experience to function in a supervisory
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a
certification of satisfactory completion in Corrections, Law
Enforcement, or Military.
- Must have completed necessary training as defined by the
Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Must obtain and maintain certification in CPR, First Aid,
Defensive Tactics and Firearms.
- Extensive knowledge of State/Contracting Agency laws relating
- Ability to communicate and interact with a variety of
- Ability to interpret complex written/oral communication,
documents, and instructions.
- Ability to make and implement decisions without
- Ability to give instructions in a manner that provided teamwork
and a cooperative spirit.
- Ability to maintain high tolerance to mental stress.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and
- Ability to work in varying climatic conditions.
- Proven proficiency in the operation of a personal computer and
software related to report writing, employee scheduling and
information submission to the GEONET.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.Required
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Tacoma , MANAGER, TRANSPORTATION, Executive , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!