Director of Education & Employment
Company: Metropolitan Development Council
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Director of Education position offers the unique opportunity
and challenge of working with community partners to develop a new
comprehensive program and strategy to provide the highest quality
educational services to the targeted audiences that MDC serves. The
programmatic framework will be presented to the Board of Directors
for approval. The incumbent directs and coordinates MDC's education
programs to ensure they remain innovative and meet contract goals
as required by funders. The Director also serves as a member of
MDC's leadership team, working with development and communications
staff to maintain funding resources required to support ongoing
programs.Our ideal candidate is an Education professional who
brings a demonstrated understanding of and success in developing
systems-level work. You offer a breadth of experience in
educational program development, experience in and passion for
providing needed services to encourage and equip low-income,
underserved student populations, many of whom will be first
generation college students, to achieve the dream of a college
education. The candidate must bring a passion for the students and
families we serve, and experience working with students, parents,
school administration, and college advisors.What you will do:
- As the Director of Education you will design, develop and
implement a strategic plan for the youth and adult education
programs with an eye toward program and project proposals;
establish complimentary departmental goals and objectives.
- Establish a timeline for program/project execution correlated
to funding expectations/limitations, required procedures,
activities, staffing, and allotment of resources to various phases
- Work closely with People Management, Development,
Communications, and Finance to ensure all aspects of programs are
funded, publicly visible, and fully staffed with high quality
advisors, instructors and teachers.
- Supervise two managers of adult and youth education programs
who, in turn, oversee the daily activity of the teams.
- Maintain a data dashboard used regularly to inform critical
operational and financial decision-making.
- Oversee the budget for the entire Department - including pro
forma budgets and monthly financial reporting, to ensure revenue
and expenses occur as scheduled.
- Develop procedures for evaluating the programs' effectiveness
to ensure student needs and program goals are met.
- Ensure that all program activities and operations are carried
out in compliance with applicable federal, state and local
licensure requirements, regulations and laws.
- Participate in the planning and providing of staff development
and in-service training programs for Education Advisors, and
supervise the overall department staff education process
- Evaluate existing funding compliance, monitoring and reporting
to ensure all goals are being met.What you will need:
- Master's degree in Education, Administration or Student
Personnel Administration from an accredited school
- Five (5) years of progressive supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of and success in developing
- Understanding of federal grant process, including budgets and
- Experience with grant-writing and sub-contract
- Experience in a Union environment
- Proven experience leading high performing teams
Keywords: Metropolitan Development Council, Tacoma , Director of Education & Employment, Executive , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!