Automotive Technician- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Fleet Maintenance TechnicianMonday - Friday 3:00 PM - 11:30
PM$5,000 Sign on Bonus!Save time and apply now using our quick
application!Are you looking for job security and stability with
competitive wages and benefits (zero employee layoffs during COVID
pandemic)? First Transit is looking for a Fleet Technician to join
its team and you could be the right person! With over 335 locations
and in business since 1955, First Transit is truly First in
passenger transportation. Please see our website for a
comprehensive review of our company: Our technicians enjoy a
state-of-the-art paperless workflow program that requires very
little paperwork to be filled out. We utilize a cutting-edge
electronic work order program that makes filling out work orders
much easier and less time consuming. First Transit is proud to
- $28.50 to $30/hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT
- $5,000 Sign on Bonus! (Conditions Apply. Offer Expires
- $1.00/hr shift differential for all shifts after 3:00 PM
- $.25/hr bonus per A series ASE Certification
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- A great work environment!Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Complete preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.Fleet Maintenance Mechanic
- Valid driver s license required.
- 3+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Have an appropriate mechanic s tool set.
- Have the willingness to participate in our company's ASE
certification program and obtain 3 ASE certifications within 6
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR
Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including
marijuana, for any reason.About First TransitFirst Transit Inc. is
a leading provider of public transportation contracting and
management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.Apply today and
get your career on the road with First Transit! First Transit has
been purchased by Transdev and will be the employer for this job
posting. We are the leading integrator and operator of multiple
modes of transportation. With a combined presence in 43 US states,
plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have lots of opportunities for growth!
You can find additional job opportunities and locations directly at
www.transdevNA.jobs. We aspire to have a culture where all people
are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce
therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all.
Keywords: First Group, Tacoma , Automotive Technician- First Group, Engineering , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...