Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: August 6, 2022
LeMay, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a Mechanic to
join the team in Centralia, WA!
Monday through Friday, 4 10's (2PM - 12:30 AM) with a rotating day
off during the week.
Starting at $25 per hour with an additional $1.50 per hour shift
differential with regular wage increases.
Waste Connections has many stable opportunities for qualified and
motivated individuals who want to be part of a dynamic
organization. We provide competitive benefits and lots of room for
individual growth as the company expands. Because we operate with a
highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are
energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Join us
and be a part of a winning team!
Click here to view a "Day in the Life" of our Mechanics:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical,
hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. Class B CDL
preferred or ability to obtain in the future.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with
corporate and OSHA standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to
repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to
handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred or the
ability to obtain in the future required.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the
duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience
a huge plus!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life
insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect
with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Tacoma , Mechanic, Engineering , Centralia, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!