Company: Automated Systems of Tacoma (AST)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Manufacturing Engineer will support AST by providing
manufacturing technical support that includes manufacturing
engineering, plant engineering, and industrial engineering. The
primary responsibility of this position is to own improvements in
manufacturing delivery and cost performance. This position will be
the technical process owner of all manufacturing processes. This
may include engineering operations, project management, and any
transactional processes. The role will perform a variety of complex
tasks and assists in developing and executing a technical
Responsibilities and Activities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate all manufacturing technical support activities to
continuously upgrade and improve manufacturing technologies,
improve equipment uptime, product yield, and quality of production
as well as any new processes, technologies, and longer-term
- Direct contact with contractors and service providers for
execution of projects.
- Manage maintenance and facilities support for the locations as
well as any spare parts inventory program.
- Coordinate CNC programming activities and material
- Coordinate design for manufacturing (DFM) and design for
assembly (DFA) activities on all new products prior to launch.
- Work closely with design and production leaders to improve
manufacturing efficiencies, manufacturing effectiveness, and reduce
- Create and maintain routings as well as other manufacturing
- Create standard work and work instructions.
- Serve as back-up for other functions within Ops.
- May be expected to work weekends and off-hours depending on
Core Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technical engineered-to-order
- Knowledge of Inventor and AutoCAD or other 3-D solid modeling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access (relational
database), Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes (machining, sheet
metal fabrication, assembly, material processing; annealing/stress
relieving, electropolish, passivation, plastics).
- Lean and Six Sigma experience.
- Project management skills and ERP experience.
- Demonstrated initiative, desire to drive change and motivation
to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrated history of making good business decisions with
successful track record.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is
fast-paced and demanding.
- Self-directed, objective, open-minded thinker with strong
organizational skills and a willingness to learn.
- Exhibit strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense
of urgency, drive, persistence, and energy.
- Capable of holding others accountable for the outcome of their
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to the changing needs of the
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take and successfully pass a drug test.
AST is proud of our team. Providing challenging and rewarding work,
with opportunities for personal/professional development is our key
to this longevity. AST is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a full-time position based in Tacoma. Compensation is
competitive, including salary, bonus potential, health plan
options, competitive 401K match, and paid time off.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Automated Systems of Tacoma (AST), Tacoma , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!