Radiologic Science Professor - Part time Faculty
Company: Tacoma Community College
Posted on: January 23, 2023
See Position Description
Tacoma WA 98466, WA
Who We Are
Tacoma Community College (TCC) is a public two-year institution
that serves a diverse population of approximately 14,000 students.
We embrace our identity as a community college and strongly
encourage applications from candidates who recognize and honor the
important role that equity, diversity, and inclusion brings to an
educational community. Our stated mission is to create meaningful
and relevant learning, inspire greater equity, and celebrate
success in our lives and in our communities. We are recognized
nationally as an, Achieving the Dream "leader college" and our
faculty are engaged in innovative work to improve student retention
and program completion. According to the Community College Survey
of Student Engagement, TCC ranks high on measures of active
learning and academic challenge, thanks to our creative and
scholarly faculty. We seek to recruit and retain a workforce
- Reflects the diversity of our community.
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching.
- Is attracted by the campus mission promoting equitable access
to educational opportunities.
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for underrepresented populations.
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages effectively with the community both within and outside
For information on Tacoma and the surrounding area:
Adjunct positions at the college are open continuous and reviewed
on a quarter by quarter basis. Individuals who apply to the
applicant pool are considered active for a period of 12 months from
the application date and may be contacted when vacancies occur.
Submitting an application does not guarantee that a position will
be available or offered.
This position is responsible for preparing and teaching a variety
of courses in the classroom, lab, and/or clinical settings for the
Radiology program. Work closely with the Program Chair, Clinical
partner sites and other faculty. This position reports to the Dean
for Health, Business and Professional Services.
- Prepare course syllabi and schedules; prepare and teach classes
and labs, prepare testing materials and evaluate student learning
- Ability to serve as liaison with clinical sites.
- Advise students regarding didactic, lab, and clinical
- Participate actively in departmental committees and other
responsibilities, including curriculum review and design.
- Serve on campus committees; participate in division and college
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college or
- ARRT certified in radiography RT(R).
- Three years of experience in a Radiology Department (performing
diagnostic radiography exams).
- Teaching experience within the Radiology field including
clinical coordination and curriculum development.
- Ability to meet Washington State vocational certification
requirements. Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a related field from an
accredited college or university.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Prehospital Trauma
Life Support (PHTLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS),
Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP), or
Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS) instructor experience.
Required conditions of employment:
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check
prior to employment.The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Ethics, integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- An appreciation of diversity and a commitment to cultural
awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Knowledge and experience in a variety of emergency medical
system settings/ facilities including demonstrated ability to
function effectively as an RS team member.
- Evidence of leadership skills and commitment to RS professions.
Commitment to remain current in RS.
- Experience integrating the computer as a tool to support RS
- Experience working as a team member with other faculty and
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with community
members, health care professionals, students, faculty and
- Instructional skills using a variety of teaching
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to functioning as an effective team member.
Application Materials & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Resume & cover letter describing how your educational
background and experience align with the responsibilities and
- Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities
attended (official transcripts will be required for the successful
Terms of EmploymentThis is a part time faculty position contracted
on a quarterly basis. Placement on the faculty salary schedule will
commensurate with educational background and experience per the (
Article 4.00 Academic Employee Compensation ). A collective
bargaining agreement exist and membership in the TCC Federation of
Teachers or payment of a service fee and is available anytime upon
hire. Evening and off campus assignments may be a part of the
instructional load. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of
the department. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or
universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and
verified by National Student Clearinghouse. International degrees
will be verified for U.S. equivalency.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and Educator. Tacoma Community College
provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital
status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited
sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual
conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for
qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal
Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to
handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen
Smith, Title VII and Title IX, Building 14, 253-566-5055; Dr. Davi
Kallman, Section 504 Officer, Building 7, 253-566-5157. This
recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job
description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466
Keywords: Tacoma Community College, Tacoma , Radiologic Science Professor - Part time Faculty, Education / Teaching , Tacoma, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!